Broken Foot

airforcematt

Well-known member
Dec 22, 2006
1,383
45
48
So - I just went home on leave to visit my family for the first time in almost 3 years and on my second day there (out of a 9 day trip) I managed to break my foot. Was wrestling with my not so little any more little brother and fell off my parents unfinished porch, brother was fine but I landed funny, broke a bone in my foot into 2-3 pieces... Circled below.
broken20foot.jpg


They have me in a large brace and using crutches - it's pretty swollen

5888_129080075574_591065574_3578340.jpg


5888_129402055574_591065574_3584003.jpg


4-6 weeks wearing this crap, this sucks.
 


Damn dude. Your foot looks like a balloon. 4-6 weeks aint bad though. I had to deal with 4 months of physical therapy for this. Looks like I caught the jaundis and shit.

CIMG2194.jpg
 
i broke #3 and 4 senior year in soccer. halfway through the season, we where undefeated too. we lost every game after that game.
I had to be in an actual cast cause i fucked shit up so bad
 
i broke #3 and 4 senior year in soccer. halfway through the season, we where undefeated too. we lost every game after that game.
I had to be in an actual cast cause i fucked shit up so bad

That sucks. I have to go back in 2 weeks for a follow up x-ray. If it's not healing right they may have to put me in a cast, hoping to try and avoid that, at least now I can take the brace off to shower and to ice it down.
 
oh yeah i had a wait period where i had to wait for swelling to go down before they could cast it, but it was obvious that it was going to need it from the start.
i lost weight though because i was like... man i'm hungry but... whatever.
 
ouch you should head to cali and get a doctors recommendation for some proper pain relief :)

Haha - had quite a few recommendations for that in my back pain thread too - can't do it with my job (Air Force) or I would probably try it. Right now with back + foot pain I'm hitting the Vicoden the doc gave me on a pretty regular basis.