Bush Administration Denies McCain Was Ever Tortured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unarmed Gunman

Medium Pimpin'
May 2, 2007
7,335
287
0
The D
www.googlehammer.com
McCain Never Tortured in Vietnam

In all the discussion of John McCain's recently recovered memory of a religious epiphany in Vietnam, one thing has been missing. The torture that was deployed against McCain emerges in all the various accounts. It involved sleep deprivation, the withholding of medical treatment, stress positions, long-time standing, and beating. Sound familiar?

According to the Bush administration's definition of torture, McCain was therefore not tortured.

Cheney denies that McCain was tortured; as does Bush. So do John Yoo and David Addington and George Tenet. In the one indisputably authentic version of the story of a Vietnamese guard showing compassion, McCain talks of the agony of long-time standing. A quarter century later, Don Rumsfeld was putting his signature to memos lengthening the agony of "long-time standing" that victims of Bush's torture regime would have to endure. These torture techniques are, according to the president of the United States, merely "enhanced interrogation."

No war crimes were committed against McCain. And the techniques used are, according to the president, tools to extract accurate information. And so the false confessions that McCain was forced to make were, according to the logic of the Bush administration, as accurate as the "intelligence" we have procured from "interrogating" terror suspects. Feel safer?

The cross-in-the-dirt story - although deeply fishy to any fair observer - is in the realm of the unprovable. But the actual techniques used on McCain, and the lies they were designed to legitimize, are a matter of historical record. And the government of the United States now practices the very same techniques that the Communist government of North Vietnam once proudly used against American soldiers. When they are used against future John McCain's, the victims will know, in a way McCain didn't, that their own government has no moral standing to complain.

Now the kicker: in the Military Commissions Act, McCain acquiesced to the use of these techniques against terror suspects by the CIA. And so the tortured became the enabler of torture. Someone somewhere cried out in pain for the same reasons McCain once did. And McCain let it continue.

These are the prices people pay for power.
Perspective is everything.
 


That's not stopping McCain from torturing us all with his campaign. Same goes for Obama. Fuck em both.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pr0xyhub
fuck the US. I'm all for separating CA from the rest of the nation. Who the hell wants to live in the same nation as southerners... GTFO of my country or make your own!
 
Seriously, I live in the UK and over here we laugh at all the stupid things Americans do.
 
RON PUAL FTW!

If only this would really happen.. But it won't unfortunately. Ah well, pick a side, stick with it, and bank off it. That's the only thing that makes me feel better about our political mess and joke that our country has become in terms of leadership of administration (not just Bush, all of them).

It doesn't matter who we vote for anymore. So instead of trying to fight the uphill battle or winding up on some security list, I say suck it up and bank off it. That's what I'm doing, and I gotta say, both sides, winners and losers, the cash is still green and plentiful.

:2twocents:
 
Screw it - I'm still going to vote for Ron Paul. If I have to scribble on the voting machine with a crayon so be it.
 
Seriously, I live in the UK and over here we laugh at all the stupid things Americans do.
Because stupid shit never happens in London, right? Or should we start mentioning the generally douchebaggery of the royal family?

I'm not even an American and I think you're a fucking twat. Go see a dentist and then shut the fuck up :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: LotsOfZeros
Because stupid shit never happens in London, right? Or should we start mentioning the generally douchebaggery of the royal family?

I'm not even an American and I think you're a fucking twat. Go see a dentist and then shut the fuck up :)
Bravo, sir. Bravo.
 
Seriously, I live in the UK and over here we laugh at all the stupid things Americans do.

Seriously, I live in the US and over here we laugh at all the stupid things the British do

Enjoy your Sharia Law, your soon to be Soviet overlords, $10 a gallon gas and chicks with bad breath and crooked teeth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.