Canadians, who are you voting for?

Voted conservative last time because i thought they were the righteous party that stood above corruption. Turns out they were just as bad if not worse than the Liberals. They steal out of the tax payers pocket at every chance. G8 50mil cash dump in Conservative riding, funnelling tax money to their campaign illegally, refusing to comment on the F-35 costs ... completely undemocratic.

I can't vote NDP or Green cause they would raise my corp tax but if I vote liberal I'm voting for a party that was just as corrupt like 5 yrs ago.

You can't win ... we should change the electoral system to proportional representation and that way we'd only get elections once every 4 years and it wouldnt matter if there were minority gov'ts. Basically all the democratic countries in the world besides the US/UK and Canada work this way.

I won't even start on the ignorance in this post.

But I take it you didn't bother to watch the English debate where Iggy clearly stated he would raise corporate tax to a "competitive" level to fund further health care and education cost increases in their platform.
 


You can't win ... we should change the electoral system to proportional representation and that way we'd only get elections once every 4 years and it wouldnt matter if there were minority gov'ts.

Wouldn't proportional representation would result in every government being a minority government that could be toppled at any moment? As far as I understand you'd have small special interest parties holding the Prime Minister by his balls and threatening to topple his government on a weekly basis.
 
I won't even start on the ignorance in this post.

But I take it you didn't bother to watch the English debate where Iggy clearly stated he would raise corporate tax to a "competitive" level to fund further health care and education cost increases in their platform.

The funny thing is that while you're busy calling out ignorance you don't know all the facts. I said 'my corporate tax' not big business corporate tax. If you run a business that makes under 500k in EBIT then nothing changes under the liberal plan. If you take a look at the liberal platform regarding fiscal policy you'll see this. In fact most parties are actually offering some incentives for sb owners in one form or another.

The big thing is that you missed the whole point of the post ... which is that it's our electoral system and our political atmosphere of entitlement/disrespect for taxpayers that I have a problem with. I'm not going to get into any depth on it but my belief is that changing from a first past the post system to proportional representation would increase my political options, the overall level of quality of governance and my vote would actually count for something.
 
  • Like
Reactions: IMHopeful
FUuuuuuuuuuuuck yes, Conservatives with the majority!!!!!! I love how Ignatieff and his team just sunk to the bottom where they belong to top it all off :D
 
And rightly so...first Stephane Dion now Ignatieff, seriously?? Do they pick their leaders out of a hat or what?
 
I'm voting for a majority government. Seriously, what choice do any of us really have? Nothing will get done otherwise. I don't really want sympathetic leadership, we can leave sympathy to the local MP's -- leaders should be ruthless and draw a line in the sand.
 
2 Questions. Who is that guy in IM Hopeful's avatar, and how liberal are the new Democrats compared to the Liberals.
 
Jack be Nimble, Jack be Quick,
Thanks to Layton, Quebec Jumped Off Duceppe's D*ck

Duceppe was fun to watch in the debates, looked like he needs anger management. A few times I actually feared for Harper's safety lol he looked like he wanted to kill someone at times.
 
Duceppe was fun to watch in the debates, looked like he needs anger management. A few times I actually feared for Harper's safety lol he looked like he wanted to kill someone at times.

Did you see his speech last night? Mock congratulated the other leaders, started to somewhat insult their wives..but then changed his mind.

Made out with his wife a bit...and then quit.
 
What is good for business is good for us and the country! Canada has been losing too much talent due to our non-competitive business environment.
 
What is good for business is good for us and the country! Canada has been losing too much talent due to our non-competitive business environment.


Whoa dude, you need to try and do business in other countries.

European countries: Everybody is in an ----- union. Even the salespeople are in an union and you can't fire them. I worked for a multinational once that acquired a company in Brussels that had sales reps who hadn't sold anything for YEARS!! But you couldn't fire them.

Asian countries: Intellectual property rights? Honoring of contracts? BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

USA: Too many moron MBA graduates go around looking for companies to ruin with the stupidity they picked up at their mediocre business schools. How many times I did have to sit in on meetings with an idiot MBA manager masturbating over his Excel spreadsheets that showed positive gross margin and no connection with reality?
Oh my, my eyebrow starts to twitch when thinking about those bad old days.

If you're a small business owner doing business on the 'net, it's hard to find another country that beats Canada JMHO.
 
Made out with his wife a bit...and then quit.

Did anyone else see him make out with his wife? What the hell was that? It was a little kiss and then all of a sudden she put her finger over his mouth and they went to town.