Champix FTW

My girlfriend used it for about 3 days when she started quitting smoking. It made her so shitty that she stopped taking it, and hasn't smoked again in like 2 years because she's afraid of wanting to quit again and figuring she needs to use Champix. (at least that's her explanation).

Hahaha.

Shit makes you break. She was pretty dead when she was on it. Permanently just 0 energy, lay in bed, low response to anything, etc.
 


good job on quitting smoking. I've been trying to get my dad to quit for like 10 years and he always fails.
 
Congrats!!
Champix, neverheard of it. But i heard about Chantix, must be the same stuff. Looking to give one of those a try.

Yeah stay away from champix, its ok for some people but Ive heard and seen what it can do to a person, each to their own but I aint touching the shit if I decide to give up.
 
Best way to quit smoking is the same way to quit *anything*. Cut back on it gradually over time. Alcohol? Smoking? Drugs? Whatever your addiction, just cut back in pieces and you'll have a much easier time of it. If you smoke a pack a day, just force yourself to smoke one less per day each day for 20 days. If you're a heavy drinker, decrease your intake slowly over time, ween the body off it. I quit smoking years ago using this method. Good luck.
 
I tried all the shit, patches, gum, drugs etc.never worked. Smoked for 20 years and I quit cold turkey 7 months ago.

I would suck my dogs ass for a cig right now but I know I can't have one. I still crave everyday, even after 7 months. I suppose the desire to smoke never goes away.

My dad stopped 30 years ago when they had my sister, the craving never went away, he had built the habit of smoking after meals, that's where the craving for him never went away. As soon as you attach nicotine to daily habits, you're heading for quite a battle... He started again after all that time. He's even tried to quit numerous times after all this time and can't.

I got him the audiobook for this,
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0140277633"]Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Amazon.co.uk: Allen Carr: Books[/ame]

I hope it helps him..