China quarantines 10,000 after pneumonic plague outbreak

Roundabout

Banned
Apr 20, 2009
3,500
125
0
Currently all over the 'net:
China quarantines 10,000 after pneumonic plague outbreak : Health

The last known case of pneumonic plague was in the Congo 2006 I just read. This is one of the worst possible bacterium or virus known to man. Death rate is usually within 24 hours.

Bubonic plague was caused by fleas ages ago, and happens here and there yearly, with a 60% mortality rate and is somewhat treatable, Pneumonic plague's mortality rate is 90-95% and considered one of the diseases likely to be used in bio terrorism.

Search for CHINA PNEUMONIC PLAGUE on Google for more articles.

Has anybody seen this on the news? The media is being very quiet about it...
 


Naw not important enough for our media to cover it at all. If they covered it I wouldn't get the latest news on Michael Jackson and Jon & Kate.
 
I was being sarcastic. I think our news should cover it if it grows at all so people can get a heads up on it and be prepared. At this point it is iffy since only a few have died and no others are really showing signs.
 
It's not BS its just not anything huge yet. It happened in a very rural part of China that is known to have many diseases that have not been existent in years and that most urban areas are either immune to or can get rid of easily by quick quarantines and cleanliness.