Chitika outed my campaign to their whole advertiser network

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I go and check my e-mail, and this subject grabs my attention....


man alex dude this is horrible and keeps me away from them for sure. They want some extra scans of my CC's and shit anyway bc i'm from europe, wtf...:ugone2far:

At least they didnt mention your whole name, that'd be even shittier. lets keep our eyes posted for the first "how to make $100.000 in 2 days with rachael ray" ebook on DP
 


This is crazy, you should really go for their nutsack with this - just not acceptable practice for a company do it without prior agreement!
 
I had an inhouse affiliate manager do this to me. All the new affiliates had sites similar to mine, with colors similar to mine, and domains similar to mine. He was suggesting new affiliates look at my site.

Umm fuck off already. I just trying to make a dollar.
 
Chitika 2 confused "other Alex"--case study wasn't about you! but thanks for reading

Hi Alex,

Liz Sloan here from Chitika. Glad to hear your read our latest case study, but oops….the "Alex" we featured isn't you….Trust me, we checked. =D

With over 500 advertisers in our network, and more than a dozen Alex's, this is kinda understandable, and we will careful to include last names in all future testimonials. However, one thing we can’t understand this identity mix-up...doesn't add up...You see:

Out of the multiple advertisers registered with the first name Alex, we only have a few with diet-related campaigns, and out of this few, only one Alex—our featured advertiser Alex —meet the criteria at hand: 1.) a keyword-targeted campaign. 2.) campaign targeted to the keywords featured in the case study; including ‘Rachael Ray’, ‘acai berry’, and ‘wu yi’. And it’s definitely not you.

Again...we checked.

Per Chitika’s strictly-enforced PR policy, we will only promote, or make reference to, an advertiser from our network if we have full, written permission from said advertiser—MEANING….we would not, and have not, everrrr used the first name, last name, full name, campaign information, stats, etc. of any advertiser without asking first. So again, definitely not you.

Take care Alex! Cheers.
- Liz




So I go and check my e-mail, and this subject grabs my attention.
"Rachael Ray helps Chitika advertiser get more clicks. Learn how."
Being curious by nature, I click. Turns out Chitika decided to do a case study on a publisher, me, without asking for permission. They even use my first name throughout the e-mail. Here's the e-mail that got sent out:
Now obviously everyone here on wf knows Rachael Ray and Oprah are da bomb, but I'm sure that all the noobs using chitika don't. Giving away my campaign without asking first is retarded. Also, why the fuck are they featuring my campaign when they can only manage to send 200 clicks a day ?

Really shitty network overall, I'm gonna stay away from them from now on and I suggest you do the same.
 
Does Laskhmi not have anything to say about this matter? Or should he invoke Kali on their asses?

Hello friend,

They do but I think I no say. I more recently learn America residents no like talk of religion in public forum. And I see this a forum open to public. Now only talk about hindu gods when other show interest to begin disscusion.

Good luck bros.
 
He's damned if he prays to Vishnu for you.
He's damned if he doesn't pray to Vishnu for you.

Damned Hindus.
 
+rep to the chitika rep for replying. she is indeed right, i don't target rachael ray as a kw, and i acted too quickly in posting after i read the e-mail. morale of the story: don't smoke weed.
 
Hello friend,

They do but I think I no say. I more recently learn America residents no like talk of religion in public forum. And I see this a forum open to public. Now only talk about hindu gods when other show interest to begin disscusion.

Good luck bros.

Lol.

I hereby show interest to begin discussion. Let's hear what they have to say.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.