Chuck Woolery On Assault Weapons



LOL @ this

"Assault rifles deterred Japan from invading."
vs.
"Automatic rifles have been controlled since 1934"

err...

::emp::
 
23905479.jpg
 
This is a cultural barrier I can't bridge, really.

I also love the "criminals will overrun us" argument

Germany has one of the strictest gun control laws, and is surrounded by countries with laxer ones (Eastern Europe, Switzerland, France,....)

Still little gun crimes.

Another one is the old "if there would have been guns in Nazi Germany"
The Germans fucking voted Hitler into office.
That was no violent takeover, it was a democratic election.

The resistance (later in the game) all had guns (not like there are no guns around in a war), but it was almost negligible as a force/number.

::emp::
 
Last edited:
This is a cultural barrier I can't bridge, really.

I think this is significant.

The history of the United States is rooted in a fear of monarchy/totalitarianism, and the overthrow of tyranny by force is part of our national mythos.

It's difficult for me to understand how people who live in socialist nations are happy, although I've met many of them, and asked them questions about it at length.

I think it's tough to overestimate the cultural divide when it comes to some issues.
 
I think this is significant.

The history of the United States is rooted in a fear of monarchy/totalitarianism, and the overthrow of tyranny by force is part of our national mythos.

It's difficult for me to understand how people who live in socialist nations are happy, although I've met many of them, and asked them questions about it at length.

I think it's tough to overestimate the cultural divide when it comes to some issues.

Agreed. This is what drive people in the Middle East to strap on the vest. No sane American would ever put that vest on. Yet for many of them it makes perfect sense
 
LOL @ this

"Assault rifles deterred Japan from invading."
vs.
"Automatic rifles have been controlled since 1934"

err...

::emp::

So called "Assault rifles" that the media is freaking out over are NOT automatics, they are semi-automatic. One trigger pull = one bullet. Automatic weapons continue to shoot bullets until you let go of the trigger.
 
Will he be back in two n two? lmao.
I wonder how much he got paid to give this review. or I wonder if hes on Fiverr...
 
This is a cultural barrier I can't bridge, really.

I also love the "criminals will overrun us" argument

Germany has one of the strictest gun control laws, and is surrounded by countries with laxer ones (Eastern Europe, Switzerland, France,....)

Still little gun crimes.
How do I say this without sounding racist.. What's the black population of Germany?

EDIT: I only say that because in the US, black males commit over half of the murders despite being only 6% of the popuation.
 
As much as I like this quote, there's no evidence that TJ actually said it.

Yeah, his name gets attached to all kinds of things he didn't say these days.

It's unfortunate, because he said a lot of very true, and very good things like:

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."

I think that quote sums up the current political climate quite succinctly.