Considering adding a pushdown ad block to my site

CLKeenan

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
2,506
14
0
Boston, MA
However, it definitely doesn't fit my current layout. If you want an example of what a pushdown ad is, go to ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports.

Here is also a grid layout of what it would look like:

pushdown.png


Have you seen other websites utilize this ad size? I'd like to see some examples of what others are doing to make this spec fit their site.
 


I think I know what your taking about. I can't really help you with this as I've been searching for a WP plugin that does this.
 
Just a thought...

Depending on what your top navigation bar looks like, maybe make the top part of the pushdown flush with the bottom of the navigation bar, make sure it is the same width, and blend it with a similar color scheme (or at least style) so it looks like a second "level" of your navigation bar and does not look out of place. So, when the bottom part of the ad comes out (or pushs down), you can really make it pop, but when it retracts again, it neatly fits back into your site scheme while not looking too intrusive or out of place while still displaying the message...

You know what I mean?

Just a random thought I had...that's all...
 
One thing I saw that was cool on a site.. an ad automatically drops down from the top of the browser when a user scrolls down a certain amount of pixels on a page.
 

+REP for that great share mate.

WSJ – Wall Street Journal Video Ad CPMs = $90

CondeNet – wired.com – Flat Fee Sponsorships or CPM.

AdvertisingAge - Flat rate for pre-roll only, custom pricing for integrated programs. For instance, a video ad in the Garfield’s Ad Review feature costs $15,200 for four weeks and $124,800 for 48 weeks.

Youtube - According to parent company Google’s Web site, advertising on YouTube requires a $50,000 spend within 90 days. On brand channels, advertisers must spend $250,000 across Google and YouTube, including $100,000 or more on YouTube only. A YouTube home page roadblock is a $100,000 per day flat fee plus a $100,000 incremental spend on Google and YouTube within 90 days. Companies wanting to advertise on YouTube for less can sign up for Google AdWords for as little as a $1 CPM.

MetaCafe - Rates range from $10 CPM to $35 CPM, depending on placement.
The rate card for pre-roll home-page sponsored video units is $35
The rate card for overlay ads is $20
Static companion ad runs from $10 to $20.

NoGoodTV – CPMs range from $15 to $40

Break - Traditional placements range from $10 CPM to $35 CPM.

MySpace - A pre-roll video in the music section of MySpace.com (15-second video with a 300×250 pixel ad unit) carries a $25 CPM.
 
why not just custom code the div layers the way you want and use jquery to handle the transition. if you're worried about shit fitting in the right place, you can do some event triggered CSS changes