Crap designers

Status
Not open for further replies.


he gloated about how awesome he is, slammed everyone else, AND begged for work. what a douche 1-2-3 combo attack.

You haters couldn't handle my work. It'd make your image too good. Keep going to $15 landing page designers and get what you pay for.

Am I begging for work? No. If I was begging, I'd initiate conversation with the TS via PM.
 
Yo,

If you are looking for a good designer, send me a PM. I'll show you some examples of my work. Most of the designers on here are not that good. Sorry, but I know my shit. Later.

lol Nice post, captain failboat. Later.
 
Ok, princess. Here's my contribution....I'm a bit of a designer myself so now you have me curious. Let's see some of your work.
 
Ok, princess. Here's my contribution....I'm a bit of a designer myself so now you have me curious. Let's see some of your work.
popcorn.gif
 
Ok he sent me a pm with his stuff. I'm out and about since it's Friday night, so I only get to see it from my iPhone. But it looks pretty damn good.

Cobra, you should at least give them a screenshot or two, you little diva.
 
Ok he sent me a pm with his stuff. I'm out and about since it's Friday night, so I only get to see it from my iPhone. But it looks pretty damn good.

Cobra, you should at least give them a screenshot or two, you little diva.

Oh Chris you build me up, buttercup. I kind of want to set up a portfolio site before I show too many people. :o

I didn't mean to come in here bashing anyone specifically, but I'm just tired of "designers" cheapening the market with their modified template designs from TemplateMonster or freewpthemes or wherever they are going to get them (holy run-on sentence). There is no innovation anymore, and it drives me insane.

It's frustrating as hell when a client doesn't know much about design, and you have these transients coming out of the woodwork with 100 promises of satisfaction in their "sales pitch". Then, the client gets a terrible looking site and is stuck wondering why their business isn't doing well. It's just shady business. As a designer, I take any client's work very seriously until they are satisfied (no matter how many revisions they need).

I'm more of a lurker, so I don't know how to respond to some of you, but the real douchebags are the aforementioned designers who are cluttering the market with talentless work.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kingofsp
woooooww! you skillz iz mad shit for real.

Before you start knocking what you have'nt even touched take your moral high ground and stick it up your ass.

What fucks me off more than people doing shit work for dirt cheap is people who roll in on a cloud of bullshit claiming a superior power in relation to the task in hand.

Im not even going to mention what I do, or what I have done for many, many members here in terms of design work and more specifically LP design. It would be entirely wrong to take the word of one breeze in designer against the work of the likes of hard working WF members who make an effort to work hard and deliver quality.

I am obviously talking about the services offer by the likes of myself and other talented designers such as myowndemon who deserves respect also.

Do not be fooled by big claims from people who claim some sort of unspoken authority.


Anyway, enough said on this.


Dave
 
Oh Chris you build me up, buttercup. I kind of want to set up a portfolio site before I show too many people. :o

I didn't mean to come in here bashing anyone specifically, but I'm just tired of "designers" cheapening the market with their modified template designs from TemplateMonster or freewpthemes or wherever they are going to get them (holy run-on sentence). There is no innovation anymore, and it drives me insane.

It's frustrating as hell when a client doesn't know much about design, and you have these transients coming out of the woodwork with 100 promises of satisfaction in their "sales pitch". Then, the client gets a terrible looking site and is stuck wondering why their business isn't doing well. It's just shady business. As a designer, I take any client's work very seriously until they are satisfied (no matter how many revisions they need).

I'm more of a lurker, so I don't know how to respond to some of you, but the real douchebags are the aforementioned designers who are cluttering the market with talentless work.

PM me a sample please.
 
LoL, however some people will pay for shit :P

Take this for example, charged 50... I hate it... she LOOOOVED it ... whatever, it was 50.

mm.jpg


Like I said, some people will pay for crap... and I never said I was a graphic designer, just a webdeveloper, but she wanted a logo anyways (mainly for watermarking purposes... yet she still hasn't figured out how to overlay the psd in photoshop...)
 
I've honestly given up on wasting money on design work these days, there are so many of these fucking retards around that don't know shit that all I'm going to do now is get my point across on a white fucking screen, you'll see what I mean in the future when I release my next software (Should be popular around the WF community).

But I feel your pain man, I've wasted hundres if not thousands now on useless shit, not just designs but other shit as well.

Live and learn, eventually you'll find someone worth working with. There are still a good few among the crowds.
 
I've honestly given up on wasting money on design work these days, there are so many of these fucking retards around that don't know shit that all I'm going to do now is get my point across on a white fucking screen, you'll see what I mean in the future when I release my next software (Should be popular around the WF community).

But I feel your pain man, I've wasted hundres if not thousands now on useless shit, not just designs but other shit as well.

Live and learn, eventually you'll find someone worth working with. There are still a good few among the crowds.

Yes, always take a look at the portfolio. I agree that it's hard to find a good designer, it's not like you need a PhD to be able to call yourself that. Many folks just download a copy of Photoshop and play an hour with the filters and then start calling themselves designers. But you NEED to know your stuff. A good designer has experience. A great designer has experienced what works and what doesn't, and has learned his stuff. An awesome designer has created a bunch of different styles and is capable of delivering a great design for almost any purpose. Design is more than downloading free fonts and slapping filters on top of each other, it's about knowing the theory behind design.

From a designer's portpolio, you can see if they mainly follow one certain style. If you only see glossy Web 2.0 logos there for example, you can imagine that everything they do looks the same. You don't want someone who only can greate mirror effects. Limited variety in a portfolio is an indicator of a limited skillset.

Diversity is a good guide. Don't just look for current trends in a portfolio, but try to see if the designer knows other styles as well. And as a general rule, try to see how simplistic a designer can be in his designs. It's easy to overload a design, but keeping it simple and still getting the point across is a most valuable skill.

Lpdesigner said:
you don't even have to be that good to design landing pages ;P

You don't have to be good to "design" anything according to your definition. But you have to be good to design *good* landing pages. Color psychology, experience in which calls to action work and which don't, copywriting skills, leading user's eye on the page etc. - you have to know your stuff to be able to create a page that sells. You run by the name of Lpdesigner and write stuff like that? I hear McDonalds has openings.
 
i was just kidding </3

=(

Yes, always take a look at the portfolio. I agree that it's hard to find a good designer, it's not like you need a PhD to be able to call yourself that. Many folks just download a copy of Photoshop and play an hour with the filters and then start calling themselves designers. But you NEED to know your stuff. A good designer has experience. A great designer has experienced what works and what doesn't, and has learned his stuff. An awesome designer has created a bunch of different styles and is capable of delivering a great design for almost any purpose. Design is more than downloading free fonts and slapping filters on top of each other, it's about knowing the theory behind design.

From a designer's portpolio, you can see if they mainly follow one certain style. If you only see glossy Web 2.0 logos there for example, you can imagine that everything they do looks the same. You don't want someone who only can greate mirror effects. Limited variety in a portfolio is an indicator of a limited skillset.

Diversity is a good guide. Don't just look for current trends in a portfolio, but try to see if the designer knows other styles as well. And as a general rule, try to see how simplistic a designer can be in his designs. It's easy to overload a design, but keeping it simple and still getting the point across is a most valuable skill.



You don't have to be good to "design" anything according to your definition. But you have to be good to design *good* landing pages. Color psychology, experience in which calls to action work and which don't, copywriting skills, leading user's eye on the page etc. - you have to know your stuff to be able to create a page that sells. You run by the name of Lpdesigner and write stuff like that? I hear McDonalds has openings.
 
Being a designer is totally different from being an illustrator. I know a few cartoonists, and most of them can't design for crap! Their websites look awful!!!
I beg to differ. I'm both an illustrator and a designer. I find it pathetic when someone who calls themselves an artist can't draw.

Also, cartoonists are not really artists unless you're talking about anime or disney cartoonists, 80% of whom are most likely quite adept at graphic design. Graphic design exists within illustrations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.