Day of Defeat and Gaming

cryptix

Karate Kicks N Shit
Aug 4, 2009
1,638
77
0
Hamburgler's Rectum
Anyone here play Day of Defeat - old school Half Life mod game? I know its very old, but it's still a great game. There aren't too many servers anymore that aren't filled with bots/ai, but I have found a great place to frag with the 187th Rakkasans.

If there are other FPS games that other WF peeps are playing - let us know what servers you frequent. Would be fun to blow off some steam with other WF members.
 


I play a bit of Red Orchestra from time to time, but it suffered imo when they came out with Mare Nostrum and Darkest Hour, which only served to fragment the RO community.

I wish Call of Duty didn't have such small shoebox maps. That is what I prefer about RO, the maps are big, and the enemy is never spawning in behind you. There are clear battle lines and objectives.
 
I totally agree about COD4. Certainly is annoying when spawn points are so random, that is why I like DOD and Battlefield because your spawn points are at your base and you have objectives. BF2 was friggin awesome - so much fun running Bonzai missions in the jets and taking out 4 - 5 people at a time.

good times.
 
DOD was my shit man ... i loved CS then DOD came out and i sat there playin for hours. Overlord was the shit .. i'd sit and snipe ppl for hours .. one of my favorite games of all time ... didnt like source too much tho

now i've been playin COD MW2 ... best game since cs IMO. its like a mix of CS, Time Crisis, and another game i thought of that i can't think of right now
 
All my friends sold their xbox's and bought PS3's and I followed suit, so I've been playing MW2 pretty hardcore recentley. TBH I had way more fun playing Halo competitively, it's kind of a shame I sold my xbox. Will definitely be buying another one when the new Halo comes out.

MW2 is the shit but I also have too many problems with the game..
 
Holy shit, I used to love the DoD mod.

Used to have a clan, dedicated server, hella kick ass server plugins...brings me back to the day.

I don't even know how long ago that was. But, I remember my 10 person server was 350mhz. Wow.
 
i'd totally start playin DOD again if ppl were down.

i was a nasty sniper/k98 slinger

MW2 has me hooked tho .. i'm pretty good at that as well. And as far as halo goes .. its hit or miss for me .. it usually makes me more angry than happy when i play it
 
played on a server the other day that had a Christmas mod on it.

Axis = Green Grinches
Allies = Fat Santas

when you get hit with gunfire, you drop milk and cookies

your grenades are wrapped christmas gifts/boxes with matching ribbon...

fuckin hilarious....
 
I played the shit out of DOD .. now I play DOD:S which is not as nice, but I can't stand to see the DOD grafx any more.

::emp::
 
I used to play hundreds of hours of DOD back when I had the time. Right now I'm all into COD4 and Insurgency (awesome HL2 Mod). PM me for Steam username

I loved BF1942, has 1943 been released yet?