Did you sign up with a SS or EIN?

Did you sign up with a SS or EIN?

  • SS

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • EIN

    Votes: 22 81.5%

  • Total voters
    27
Status
Not open for further replies.


the 3 point lines too far away from the basket; hard to make good posts from that far away. people just shoot these shitty 2 point posts.
 
if you want taxed personally SSN
if you want taxed as a business EIN

I think it is pretty self explanatory. A lot of times EIN is better because then you can write off a lot more stuff that really has nothing to do with your business.
 
if you want taxed personally SSN
if you want taxed as a business EIN

I think it is pretty self explanatory. A lot of times EIN is better because then you can write off a lot more stuff that really has nothing to do with your business.

cha ching.
 
Ha yeah after I posted it and read the first question again I kind of realized how stupid it was. But hey I explained it in a duh way so people will quit posting things about it.
 
if you want taxed personally SSN
if you want taxed as a business EIN

I think it is pretty self explanatory. A lot of times EIN is better because then you can write off a lot more stuff that really has nothing to do with your business.

False.

I prefer EIN to SSN because it provides a bit of identity theft protection in that fewer people have a hold of your SSN that way.
 
No you still have to pay it....actually both sides of it. I think there is a way around it but it is tough.
 
I use my EIN and have formed an LLC.

But don't take tax advice from internet messageboards. An EIN won't save you anything on taxes if you're a sole proprietor...you will still be taxed as a sole proprietor. If you're an LLC or S-Corporation, it's mandatory to have an EIN, so use that.

There is no legal way to get around paying social security, whether it's done through FICA or self-employment tax. I assure you.

I suggest you get an accountant and/or lawyer and discuss whether an LLC or S-Corp is right for you. Sole proprietorship is fine for the beginning, but that's it...if you want to get an EIN so affiliate programs and networks can't see your SS#, go for it. But the EIN has nothing to do with tax savings.
 
you could incorporate with an awesome business name and get it put on your credit cards and use it to impress the checkout girl.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.