So my wife I guess caught onto the riots in London, and asked me if that was going to happen here.
It was an easy answer because it's happened before. We lived through the Rodney King riots and even here in Delaware I remember it reaching my school.
I then got to live through the 90's as a young adult and made a lot of money doing jobs that pay about a third of what I made 20 years now.
*I made about 50k working in a retail environment at one point for example - now those guys make 8 to 10 bucks an hour*
So it got me thinking about what's REALLY in our future. I've got my idea what's yours?
*MINE*
I think inflation is going to hit very hard soon. I've already noticed a pretty big increase this year in food costs, and we all know what the higher gas prices are doing to average folks.
I think that while that inflation is happening people who are underemployed or unemployed are going to get REALLY desperate.
Throw in a disaster or two like Katrina or another terrorist attack and I do think shit could hit the fan with riots.... or even revolution.
Our congress really hasn't done shit in the last year, tons of appointments not made, trade treaties not approved, etc... The executive branch is piling on more regulations, etc...
So when you are paying 5 bucks for a loaf of bread, and 5 bucks a gallon to go out and look for work that no one is hiring for - why the hell not riot
/*mine*
It was an easy answer because it's happened before. We lived through the Rodney King riots and even here in Delaware I remember it reaching my school.
I then got to live through the 90's as a young adult and made a lot of money doing jobs that pay about a third of what I made 20 years now.
*I made about 50k working in a retail environment at one point for example - now those guys make 8 to 10 bucks an hour*
So it got me thinking about what's REALLY in our future. I've got my idea what's yours?
*MINE*
I think inflation is going to hit very hard soon. I've already noticed a pretty big increase this year in food costs, and we all know what the higher gas prices are doing to average folks.
I think that while that inflation is happening people who are underemployed or unemployed are going to get REALLY desperate.
Throw in a disaster or two like Katrina or another terrorist attack and I do think shit could hit the fan with riots.... or even revolution.
Our congress really hasn't done shit in the last year, tons of appointments not made, trade treaties not approved, etc... The executive branch is piling on more regulations, etc...
So when you are paying 5 bucks for a loaf of bread, and 5 bucks a gallon to go out and look for work that no one is hiring for - why the hell not riot
/*mine*