Do you meditate?



I think you are dead on right that meditation is a must have in the Internet Marketing arena. Most marketers never make it because they try to copy what they see other people doing, and they don't get that they can never win by doing that. I am convinced that by letting your mind do the work for your campaigns, verticals, demographics, etc, you can create killer campaigns. 1 winning campaign has enough power to earn 10 years worth of annual American income. Why not let the universe find that winner for you instead of copying someone. We need more creativity in our space.
 
I do have some nice peaceful time to myself everyday. Often I'll sit by the fireplace and just relax. I've come up with my best ideas by letting my mind go free. I agree with the person above, there needs to be more creativity in this industry.
 
I started doing about 30 minutes to an hour of meditation every other day, a month or so back and it's been a huge help to me so far. I have way more motivation to work and a great drive to constantly be improving my quality of life.
 
This video is the best I have seen in meditation:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hA-7aq6OXI&NR=1"]YouTube - Napoleon Hill-What the mind can conceive, believe & achieve.[/ame]
 
  • Like
Reactions: zimok and greyaisha
Nice post. I've been consistently practicing a certain method for the last few years. I tried a bunch of other stuff prior to that, but nothing really worked because I was never really focused on it. Consistency is key.

It's interesting the way you guys linked creativity to that state of consciousness. Makes sense. When I consistently practice, the type of work I produce, the way I handle stress, the creative process ... *everything* has an entirely different quality. The "good stuff" kinda flows more naturally.
 
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4BUzQaCa8&feature=related]YouTube - Sacred Sound Alchemy for DNA Repair and Healing[/ame]
 
I meditate on the crapper every morning.

the-thinker.jpg
 
Yes, mindfulness meditation, also some emmet miller stuff.
Even if you dont want to train in meditation there's probably a lot to be said for spending 20 minutes a day just relaxing without a drink or a joint and letting your mind relax and wander to see what naturally comes up.
 
+1 to the crapper.

it's a good way to keep yourself busy during idle times, and recharge your brain really fast.
 
I meditate 15 minutes in the early morning. It helps keeping the whole day peaceful
 
I do about once a week. Really want to do it daily. Always get so caught up though. Need to allocate time!
 
No where am I more relaxed than alone in the woods, on some side trail practicing mindfulness. 9-12PM/rain/early AM doesn't matter, the less people the better. I say 'practicing' mindfulness, but all there's no disconnect - it's really about spending enough time in your mind/watching your thoughts to REALIZE what you need to do in order to shift your attention fully into each present moment. It's hard at first, but those few glimpses of the peace that comes with it when you do finally get it will keep you striving for it. You must also accept from the beginning that you will never be 100% mindful, it's not about that - it's about balance.

We all start at different levels of ability when it comes to new experiences in life - I sucked. It's only been a year, I kept at it, audiobooks of meditation, videos, techniques, etc etc... Now I go in the woods and it's so relaxing I could die and be completely happy about it. This mindfulness will then expand into different areas of your life and before you know it you'll be comfortable where 99% of people aren't.

This 'journey' if you will all started on an old meditation thread on WF where someone linked a video of John Kabat-Zinn speaking at Google, here it is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nwwKbM_vJc"]YouTube - Mindfulness with Jon Kabat-Zinn[/ame]
 
  • Like
Reactions: thelorax
Good post Zimok
I used to think meditation was something only 'other people' could do , like it involved going into some special trance state or something.
In my experience it's turned out to be something quite different at it - I'd guess when I try to meditate I can do 'it' for just a few seconds at time before I notice my mind has wandered and bring it back to what I set out to focus on - but everytime I bring it back it's like doing another set of weights down the gym. It all builds up and the same way I can build up my physical strength I can build up my mental focus and awareness. It's just something that needs a lot of practice but definitely has returns on time spent practicing it.
 
I took Judo ever since I was younger and it taught me how to use deep breathing skills to relax basically meditating. I normally do that when I am stressed out or just to relax.
 
Good post Zimok
but everytime I bring it back it's like doing another set of weights down the gym. It all builds up and the same way I can build up my physical strength I can build up my mental focus and awareness. It's just something that needs a lot of practice but definitely has returns on time spent practicing it.

Bulls eye! Imagine you could filter out even 30% of negative shit that comes to your head? You would have 30% less mental poison in your life.

Nice replies, didn't know so many of you were into it
 
Sometimes if I have a lot on my head I will go sit in my car(I have a badass sound system in there with a nice sub), close my eyes, and listen to these 3 songs in a row heavily focusing on the music.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpk3FKGN770"]YouTube - 10 Ft. Ganja Plant - Apache Kid[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwtOpEA4hWI"]YouTube - 10 Ft. Ganja Plant - Bonny and Clyde[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Qyh4LlA_o"]YouTube - 10ft Ganja Plant - Chalwa[/ame]



It's the closest thing to meditating I do.