Does Wordpress Have a Scheduled Post Limit?

AdHustler

New member
Aug 24, 2007
4,377
44
0
Im trying to schedule a huge amount of posts in wordpress and i keep hitting a wall at just under 7,000 scheduled posts. Im using a csv import tool to schedule the posts and am trying to figure out if its the tool hanging at this number or if its wordpress limiting the amount of posts you can schedule into the future. Anyone know?
 


You're most likely hitting the file size upload limit or timeout limit on PHP processing it. I've had a couple with 100K+ but I had to mod the php.ini.

Were those 100k posts all scheduled foe a future date?
 
I would think that the only limits would be set by your server, and not by WP. The first place I would look would be your PHP configuration file. Just do yourself a favor and DON'T edit it from your WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings, otherwise shit will get royally fucked up. I had to have a Liquidweb tech guy check it out from console.
 
Yes, because it stores them in a database. It would be the max number for the id column in that table. However, I doubt that's your issue if it stops at 7k posts.
 
You're most likely hitting the file size upload limit or timeout limit on PHP processing it. I've had a couple with 100K+ but I had to mod the php.ini.

Also, if you don't have access to php.ini, just want to do in the code, or don't feels like restarting the server, can do something like:

ini_set(max_execution_time,6000);

or

ini_set(max_execution_time,60*60*24);

before all the headers are sent, as the first line in index or header file.
 
Its not php.ini my server admin maxed all the settings way out and it still does it - i think it has to be wordpress