Don't you just miss 640x480 resolution?

clyde

Self-proclaimed Expert
Apr 22, 2010
3,157
46
0
✈
The resolution on my lappy is too high it makes everything so miniature I have to squint and slouch everytime I read.

Doing Ctrl+ and changing the resolution to something low fuck up the graphics quality.

I remember when font size was bigger than my hand writing.

How do you guys deal with this?
 


Honestly, from a web application development perspective I couldn't have been more happy to see 640x480 and even 800x600 go out the window. We developed for 800x600 for years after it was realistic. There's only so much information you can display in a small window. The navigation and templates take up half the real estate. jmho

gtownfunk
 
higher resolution it's better, this is the technology evolution, i like it this way
 
Can't do 640x480 or 800x600 anymore. I have way too many things going at on the screen to be tabbing between them. Small is not a problem unless the monitor sucks. That was the case with my Thinkpad, until I switch to Macbook. As much as I hate Apple, their laptop monitors rock.
 
I really miss 640x480 and 800x600 because old-fashioned games could not be launced, as my screen shows "out of range" and I don't know how to deal with this.
 
I love high resolution screens. My center desktop LCD is 2560x1600.

I upgraded my old Dell laptop from 1024x768 to 1400x1050.

I had to settle for 1280x800 when I bought a 13" MacBook Pro this year. Not sure why the 13" Air gets higher resolution screen than the Pro.
 
My one 17" widescreen HP laptop screen resolution is so friggin small and all other resolutions look blurry, I totally know what you mean. I had to install a firefox plugin to load the default zoom setting higher up. I don't know why they did it that way. My 1680x1050 monitor is great and text is perfect.
 
you can change the font size in your browser options (just incase you didn't know :)).

Yes, I just figured this out today lol.

For Firefox: Go to Options -> Content -> Advance -> Minimum font size = 16.

That oughta do it.
 
obvious-troll.jpg
 
I have to say i am using Ctrl + mousewheel a lot lately.. Looks like i will need to go the eye doctor some time soon again if this persists..

How are you guy doing with your eyesight? Are you doing any exercises for your eyes or how do you relax them?