Dreamhost 22$ for 2 years?

bizousoft

ну Вовка
Mar 5, 2010
784
14
0
Canada
Couple of people told me they have this promotion around Christmas, can anyone confirm?

2 years of hosting unlimited band. domains. storage for 22$
 


You couldn't pay me to host with them.

Read the horror stories on here about them, then go get yourself a VPS.
 
damn, thanks for the heads up... thought I was the smartest with this cool new promotion :)
 
For cheapness and similar i would use site5.com they are an alternative cheap, and unless your raping there servers you shouldnt have problems with your sites
 
Its great for Starters. Not sure how to say this, but I had a site that did 7000 Uniques a day on a DH shared server.... Never even squeaked. I even remember the name of the serve lol... "seamus"
It was a Wordpress install with a light theme. It had All in one SEO, Akismet, WP Super Cache, Comment Karma, Post ratings... 7000 uniques a Day, 12000 Page views.. Can Any shared servers beat that..
Maybe it was just me... but they never failed me.

Not saying that you should not invest in a dedicated server... But I am just pitching in my two cents since I was one damn satisfied customer of DH... Don't go for Shared... but if you have a site with under 2000 uniques a day on Wordpress, then DH rocks...
 
Well... for noobs who aren't making any profits yet, it's not a bad place to start...

I first started off with shared hosting (but not Dreamhost) three years ago, and I still have the account for keeping some non-important stuff on it. It's only costing me $5 a month and I put up websites that I make for fun, use it for blackhat/spammy experiments, and other random shit like that.
 
They usually have such offers. Last year I registered a one year hosting for $9.95