Easiest way to increase download speed in Utorrent

bizousoft

ну Вовка
Mar 5, 2010
784
14
0
Canada
Have a 30gig torrent which was averaging 100 kB/s download speeds

Read couple of tutorials online and did the following:

Put number of connections to 375 in advanced settings:

YGAO4.png



The speed is now 1.2 mb/s

A lot of you may know this. Those that don't can greatly increase the speed in this case x 12

uTorrent FTW!
 


You should also be limiting the upload speed, I notice you have it set to unlimited. If you're uploading too fast then your downstream will suffer.
 
You should also be limiting the upload speed, I notice you have it set to unlimited. If you're uploading too fast then your downstream will suffer.

QFT. I did set it to 100 kb/s and it increased speed even more. I'm at 1.5 mb/s now with 41 seeds and 97 peers...

love this ISP
 
There are a lot more ways to speed that bitch up. but good call, that was about 20% on ways to speed you DL.

Have a 30gig torrent which was averaging 100 kB/s download speeds

Read couple of tutorials online and did the following:

Put number of connections to 375 in advanced settings:




The speed is now 1.2 mb/s

A lot of you may know this. Those that don't can greatly increase the speed in this case x 12

uTorrent FTW!