Eminem's just a pop star now. It should be called pop-rap, his albums could be sold next to Britney Spears, & Lady Gaga etc.
"He was high during performances" - 10:23
Que??? Nigga please.... Em is a beast.well he has some good songs but he aint that good.
Sponsored by Pfizer. 12:49
You have NO CLUE how many supremely talented lyricist there are in every hood that simply are not marketed because they can't be marketed with some new angle.
This is no disrespect to Em, I'm from Detroit(the city, not the burbs...) and I have been a fan of his before all of you even knew who he was. He's one of the greatest MC's ever. But he ain't affecting Jay-Z either which way. Jay-Z is more than a rapper, Jay-Z is a brand.
Yes, I do. That's why I think Jay-Z is whack as fuck. He's the Kraft Cheese of rap and he's the epitome of why hip-hop is where it is now--pump out X number of singles and rake in X number of dollars. All main stream rappers do this but a lot of them do it without selling out as much and operate on actual principles.
Before I knew who he was? How do you know that? Unless you knew him personally I think we all got our own copies of "Infinite" at the same time, so I doubt it.
If you think Jay-Z is "whack" you don't know hip hop, simple as that.
I WAS AT ST.ANDREWS BEFORE YOU KNEW HIM AND BEFORE HE BLEW UP, ST. Andrews is where it went down for rappers and battling, I can freaking smell the smell of the pit in St. Andrews as I type this (in the movies it is depicted by "The Shelter", so yeah doubt all you want...)
No he's not a personal friend, but my original statement stands true. Everybody knew everybody, it's where I AM FROM(don't know what you don't understand about that) Proof got shot and killed at the bar 2 blocks from my house a couple years back, I'm 33 years old now and don't even live in the D anymore, but what you see in movies, I lived. My sister opened up a show for D-12 in Toledo, OH last year(I think that was last year). I was HEAVILY in the streets and on the rap scene in Detroit as a kid when all those guys were. They were stars in Detroit faaaaaar BEFORE YOU KNEW JACK. You can't tell me nothin but what popped in and from the D.
(Jay-z was "whack" LOLOLOLOL) Idiot.
P.S. Only calling you an idiot in reference to your knowledge of hip hop, I'm sure you're a very bright guy in other areas of life.
True, I was defensive because it was called for.You're pretty defensive dawg.
Anyway, my point really is: Eminem has made way more mile stones than Jay-Z and has had to try 10x harder to be taken seriously and to be successful. If he were black putting in the same effort, no one would be on Jay's dick.
I've heard every song of each artist released to date. I agree about renegade BTW. Simply put Jay-Z can't be Eminem and Eminem can't be Jay-Z.renegade?
em killed it.
jay-z, hmm.. not so.
but i still like jay-z. in my opinion, em is more of a lyricist than jay.
check out, "til i collapse" and you'll know what i mean.