Facebook Account Hacked... or Not?

jeanpaul1979

New member
Dec 30, 2007
471
3
0
I logged in to my fb account today and noticed a post by me that wasn't made by me...

First I thought my account was hacked, but a friend told me it's normal and that it's a facebook bot... But I don't understand...
How can a bot post to my profile as if it were controlling my account? I mean from a logical standpoint I'd figure someone can only make posts with my profile if he controls my account.

Can bots really make posts to my profile using my name and everything?
 


When you "like" certain pages and groups, you are giving them permission to post certain information and content on your profile. That is why there are so many spam content from Facebook profiles. Be careful on what you like.
 
When you "like" certain pages and groups, you are giving them permission to post certain information and content on your profile. That is why there are so many spam content from Facebook profiles. Be careful on what you like.

Learned this the hard way. Best to avoid any facebook "marketing groups."

It should go without saying, but it took me a year to clean up all the vermin posting dumb updates 24/7 on my board.
 
was it about a spider or something?

i actually saw everyone posting that spider video, and i didnt click it - but i DID google it, and clikc the first link. Which automatically posted it to my page. Which i never got a notification or anything, just did it.

could of been that?

my $0.2