Favorite computer pranks to use on friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorfast

New member
Mar 2, 2009
481
4
0
Hey guys, I always loved pranking my friends when they left their computer during classes in highschool and thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples pranks they have done.

For example, use the auto correct option in Microsoft word to change an uncommon word you know they are going to type in their paper or whatever to something like "(Insert teachers name here) is a raging homosexual" or something along those lines. Many times I have had people not even notice when it auto corrects and print out/turn in that paper.

Another one I did was if we were working on a power point at the time I would add in some weird ass/disgusting image off of the screen so it isn't noticeable and then add in an animation for that image to come in when he clicks next during his presentation in front of the class. Also some great laughs with this one.

Anyways, enough with some I have done, lets hear yours!
I will post some more once we get a few going.
 


Good one I used to do in highschool would be to take a screen shot, and save it full size.
Then make it the background and choose to hide all icons and then hide the taskbar.
You would be surprised how long people will sit there clicking and going wild.
 
Haha yes that is a great one. Another good one is switching two computers that are right next to each other's mice around (as in moving them, not unplugging and transferring) so the people who sit down will control the person next to them. People would freak out over this one. Switching the keyboards as well just enhanced the effect.
 
Did this once on a friends personal computer-

Set the background to a super high quality image of a cracked lcd screen. Remove all the icons on the desktop and the taskbar. Unplug the mouse and the keyboard. Go and tell your friend what happened to his monitor.
 
Lol, good thread. There are some programs out there too designed for this, such as one looking like a legit Windows system warning. It prompts the user to take action, but no matter the choice, a DOS window pops up saying "You have selected to format C:\. Please stand by as all files and data are being erased".

It then shows hundreds of files being "deleted" fast and the user can't do anything to stop it. :D Good times.
 
I lol'd. Good one

Lol, good thread. There are some programs out there too designed for this, such as one looking like a legit Windows system warning. It prompts the user to take action, but no matter the choice, a DOS window pops up saying "You have selected to format C:\. Please stand by as all files and data are being erased".

It then shows hundreds of files being "deleted" fast and the user can't do anything to stop it. :D Good times.
 
Good one I used to do in highschool would be to take a screen shot, and save it full size.
Then make it the background and choose to hide all icons and then hide the taskbar.
You would be surprised how long people will sit there clicking and going wild.

This is the classic. I used to pull that all the time.

I'd also install VNC on the machine and remotely "take over" the computer when they were using it.
 
turn on their Screensaver - use the one where you can type a message that floats around the screen. Then set it to be password protected so they can't get rid of it
 
In high school me and a friend would pry off the keyboard keys and switch them around in the computer lab where they taught typing class. I once even made the top layer of letters (where QWERTY normally is) say "SUCK MY COCK" using the letters on a few other keyboards.

This was in '93 or '94 so most people (including me) had only even vaguely heard of teh interwebz so there wasn't nearly as much familiarity with the keyboard.
 
What does this do? And no I'm not going to try it out myself lol
Whatever you put for shell gets loaded on startup. The default is explorer.exe - basically the start menu/desktop/etc.

sol.exe = solitaire

So when they boot their computer up, instead of normal Windows they get to play solitaire with no way of doing anything else (besides ctrl alt del)
 
Get a wireless keyboard, plug in the receiver.

Once they start typing shit, you should start typing in messages too
After they notice the extra keystrokes, sometimes they'll sit back and wait for it to say something.
That's the bit where you press "windows+r", notepad, and then start to type things like "I'm going to kill you"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.