Favourite Payment Processor?

Favourite payment processor?


  • Total voters
    25
  • Poll closed .

Lexicon

Banned
Nov 10, 2011
453
7
0
Canada
I'm pretty interested in payment processing having spent the last 7 or so years curbing fraud in some of the tougher markets.

I noticed this on Techcrunch and couldn't help but shake my head a bit: Ribbon, A “Bit.ly With Payments,” Brings Simplified Checkout To Any Platform | TechCrunch

5% + 0.30 cents per transaction AND they hold your money till the end of the month. Who approves these startups?

Anyways are there any payment processors you wouldn't trust with your cc? For all you PayPal lovers does the lack of a PP option keep you from buying?
 


I'm pretty interested in payment processing having spent the last 7 or so years curbing fraud in some of the tougher markets.

I noticed this on Techcrunch and couldn't help but shake my head a bit: Ribbon, A “Bit.ly With Payments,” Brings Simplified Checkout To Any Platform | TechCrunch

5% + 0.30 cents per transaction AND they hold your money till the end of the month. Who approves these startups?

Anyways are there any payment processors you wouldn't trust with your cc? For all you PayPal lovers does the lack of a PP option keep you from buying?

Ribbon is meant for simple transactions though. Like e.g. posting "I have this X for sale, click here to buy and shoot me a message" as a facebook status. Or whatever.

It's not meant for big eCommerce implementations.
 
Voted Stripe. I also quite like Google Checkout/Wallet.

Sadly Google checkout still is not available in Canada for merchants. I've played around with it a couple times. Stripe definitely has a better back end.

To some degree I wish Google would just acquire Stripe and Square and release a mature rival to PayPal. The missing step is being able to carry a spendable balance.

I played around with WePay as well they are pretty neat.
 
Sadly Google checkout still is not available in Canada for merchants. I've played around with it a couple times. Stripe definitely has a better back end.

To some degree I wish Google would just acquire Stripe and Square and release a mature rival to PayPal. The missing step is being able to carry a spendable balance.

I played around with WePay as well they are pretty neat.

LOL, because Google would provide better customer support, and options than PayPal...
 
LOL, because Google would provide better customer support, and options than PayPal...

I take it you haven't had the displeasure of contacting PayPal support. Access to the talent would be the point of Acquiring those two companies.
 
Paypal all the way for us.

The advantages:
1.9%
3-4 days for cash to hit bank. (or spend any cash received on day 1 if using paypal to buy)
8 chargebacks in 5 years, we won them all
Customer service have always been ok anytime we called
Finally got this from them last week after 5 years. Just be patient it will come eventually:
Due to your outstanding account performance to date, we have removed the reserve on funds in your account.


The disadvantages:
Their rep - if something goes wrong, it could be a disaster. We never had a problem, but it can be a worry
Circuitous series of filing and formations required to get around certain requirements in their merchant (pro) programme
PCI DSS now required. Not as big a deal as you would think.
 
Paypal is good but always a risk of getting your account frozen. I will be trying Stripe soon.
 
Western union has never failed me for Craigslist "ads"

Edit. Great chargeback policy
 
I like Dwolla and hope it rips paypals arm off and beats them with it.

On the subject...any buddy know of a good Echeck provider..along the same lines.
A MOPO account would be fine.
 
Yeah, we have been using 2co alot lately as well and didn't have any problems with them, yet :)
 
2CO just ran into MC processing issues this past week. At least for Canadian vendors.
They sent an email about it to a bunch of vendors.
 
2CO just ran into MC processing issues this past week. At least for Canadian vendors.
They sent an email about it to a bunch of vendors.

Yeah they don't process Master Card payments anymore.

Although with 2co getting scam from scammers have higher chances. I always try to verify the credibility of buyer if he/she pays from credit card.

Lately I have been getting scammed about bunch of money as scammers use stolen cards/ paypal and use 2co to pay.

2co can not always recognize if the order is fraudulent as they always sends a follow up email after every order. But in some cases I have seen first they approve the order and then process refunds by telling that the order was fraud.. This sucks with 2co to be true and they have NO solution for it. I have talked with them bunch of times on this issue and they says they have no solution to fight from scammers.
 
Paypal works good for us.
If you are getting lots of micro payments (less than $5 stuff) better to create a new business and opt for their micro payments.
Recently got one business account to their micro payment mode and it bought the the overall amount paid as fees down to 50%.