Shit stories, bros. But listen up.
Few years back, me and my dad built this bike. It was a classic from 80s (GPZ 1000 RX) and my pop said he always wanted one when he was younger.
After I got my first job, 5-6 years ago, I started to save up money and eventually found that bike in pretty good condition - and it was a hell of a bargain. I was happy beyond happy!
So, cut the long part, after little help of my dad (hands and $) the bike was road ready. I was so lucky, I couldn't get down from the bike for days.
Then - one year and couple of thousand miles after, I ran into some personal problems in my life (job/monies). So, being near-broke without $ I ditched the bike in my garage and let it sit and wait for better days. And I waited and waited...with situation not getting any better.
So the unthinkable became reality - I decided to sell the bike. With a tear in my eye and disbelief in my own self, I signed the papers and the bike got sold.
Worst thing is (or maybe it's a way of life) - I got the bike for dirt cheap, put a lot of money and effort in it - and then sold it for barely the price I bought it for. Pathetic, ain't it.
Now I'm good, I live with my girl, I'm so happy with her, I have a great job, and I couldn't be more thankful.
But every time I see the bike (on the message board I visit daily) I get this awkward feeling...desperate...sad...disappointed. Of course - I asked the guy if he wants to sell the bike back...he doesn't.
So, if any of you guys understand the "passion" for those metal pieces of shits, advice much?
I could go on and buy the same model bike...but it wouldn't be THAT bike. And I think it wouldn't feel the same.
Few years back, me and my dad built this bike. It was a classic from 80s (GPZ 1000 RX) and my pop said he always wanted one when he was younger.
After I got my first job, 5-6 years ago, I started to save up money and eventually found that bike in pretty good condition - and it was a hell of a bargain. I was happy beyond happy!
So, cut the long part, after little help of my dad (hands and $) the bike was road ready. I was so lucky, I couldn't get down from the bike for days.
Then - one year and couple of thousand miles after, I ran into some personal problems in my life (job/monies). So, being near-broke without $ I ditched the bike in my garage and let it sit and wait for better days. And I waited and waited...with situation not getting any better.
So the unthinkable became reality - I decided to sell the bike. With a tear in my eye and disbelief in my own self, I signed the papers and the bike got sold.
Worst thing is (or maybe it's a way of life) - I got the bike for dirt cheap, put a lot of money and effort in it - and then sold it for barely the price I bought it for. Pathetic, ain't it.
Now I'm good, I live with my girl, I'm so happy with her, I have a great job, and I couldn't be more thankful.
But every time I see the bike (on the message board I visit daily) I get this awkward feeling...desperate...sad...disappointed. Of course - I asked the guy if he wants to sell the bike back...he doesn't.
So, if any of you guys understand the "passion" for those metal pieces of shits, advice much?
I could go on and buy the same model bike...but it wouldn't be THAT bike. And I think it wouldn't feel the same.