Figuring out passion and love

patates

Banned
Sep 19, 2011
134
5
0
Okay. Maybe it is not to best forum to ask this question but your ideas matters to me.

I'm trying to figure out my passion and love to develop my business and life goals. The problem is I'm a young guy with a little real life experience because of mainly my close relation with computers. So I'm having a hard time figuring out what do I love. After forcing my head, I come up with producing, automatizing, problem solving and maybe managing. So you see the superficialness

So I thought maybe seeing what successful poeple love or how they define their love and passion can bring some useful ideas to me. If you have any source to suggest please share.

I have a good past with web design, programming(php, java, I'm a CS student), seo(for 5 years). I also constantly follow startup type news but never take a step into it. I do not want to have a job compound of little this, little that... because most of the successful people I know deserve their success by doing one thing perfect.

How I define success? More than $1m/year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hale.Pane


You're defining success in terms of money because you haven't worked out what success means to you yet.

A couple of resources I've found helpful:

How to Be Rich and Happy

Ignore the "success guru" type title. This is actually a book on finding your values, and has some great exercises to that effect.

Your own worst enemy - breaking the habit of adult underachievement.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Your-Own-Worst-Enemy-Underachievement/dp/0060393920"]Amazon.com: Your Own Worst Enemy: Breaking the Habit of Adult Underachievement (9780060393922): Kenneth W. Christian: Books[/ame]

Again, you may not identify with the title, but the book has some great exercises in to help strengthen your sense of purpose.


Oh, and no Amateursurgeon book list would be complete without

"How To Get Rich" By Felix Dennis. This IS a book on how to make a lot of money, by someone who has done it. However he is very honest about the downsides to that path, and there are many.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Get-Rich-Greatest-Entrepreneurs/dp/1591842719/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325803914&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: How to Get Rich: One of the World's Greatest Entrepreneurs Shares His Secrets (9781591842712): Felix Dennis: Books[/ame]
 
expose yourself to other things and people and places and get out of your shell

OTHER AREAS TO THINK ABOUT AND EXPAND ON:

-Physical Health
-Psychological Well Being
-Career/Creating Income Streams and Equity/Business
-Education
-Personal Growth
-Recreation and Leisure
-Finances and Money
-Intimate Relationships
-Living Environment
-Spiritual Life

ask yourself what are the most important things you want out of life? now and in the future?

what are you doing about these goals right now?

define what you goals and desires are in each field of your life and take some time to think
about them and clarify of what you want and how you plan on getting it. Make it 100 on your list
and go after it.

my two cents
 
Agreed with don't define success by income.

Setting an income goal is fine. Don't use it as a measure of success though.

I considered myself successful years ago when I could scrape by enough money online to not return to the 9-5.

I've never considered myself a failure. Sure, money matters. But the things that REALLY matter are much more important.

To me it's like...

-How can I have a positive impact on the world?

-What do I want to be remembered by?

-Years from now will I look back on what I've accomplished and be proud to tell my kids about it.

Etc etc.
 
How can you help people and improve their lives?

By effecting millions of lives you will become successful and wealthy.
 
Your own worst enemy - breaking the habit of adult underachievement.

Amazon.com: Your Own Worst Enemy: Breaking the Habit of Adult Underachievement (9780060393922): Kenneth W. Christian: Books

Again, you may not identify with the title, but the book has some great exercises in to help strengthen your sense of purpose.

+ fucking 1. Just finished the first chapter and I have to admit that it has been pretty accurate in describing my current state so far. TY!

OkcUb.jpg
 
How I define success? More than $1m/year.


There's nothing wrong with money (who would be a member here if they didn't like it), but like the other people said, it's not just about that.

Also keep in mind all money is not equal.

It might help you to figure out what kind of lifestyle you want to live then work backwards.

As an example, you may start off saying you want to do $1m/year (very doable) but in fact you can get that standard of living for $500,000/year depending on where you want to live.

Also, you may realize that in fact you may need $2m/year to live the lifestyle you want in the place you want.

If I knew then what I knew now here's what I would have done:

Step 1 - figure out what I love doing so much that it feels like a hobby
Step 2 - develop a personal brand around that
Step 3 - start publishing content on that, with a call to action to join my list
Step 4 - develop a micro-continuity product around it.

For example, lets say your "passion" is "multiple orgasms for men".

Now let's take your $1m goal, let's look at real numbers.

You don't need a fucking billion links, you don' t need to be a fucking media buying rockstar. You need a simple ass list that you control which gives you direct access to a CAPTIVE AUDIENCE.


Let's say you start the "Multiple Orgasms for Men Insiders" Newsletter.

You are keeping it old school. You don't need a fancy membership site or all that other rubbish.

A simple as aweber account, or more like Interspire (advanced so you can mail on your own and control your list the way you want...more on that some other time).

See, it's a niche topic so you can easily be the "Worlds #1 Multiple Orgasms For Men" Expert.

Each month your captive audience of men (and women who want to please their man) pays you $4.95 for "insiders secrets"

-case studies
-exclusive interviews with experts
-graphics (lol)

$4.95/mo is an impulse buy and even in a recession it takes more effort to go inside paypal and search for the subscription (so you can cancel it) than to just forget about it


$1,000,000/$4.95 = ~202,020 readers aka customers

Do you think there are ~200,000 men on the planet interested in multiple orgasms in men? I think so.

Now the old way of converting people would be to send them to a sales page but that is not going to convert (according to the well publicized Clickz study 1-2% conversion rates are average for typical direct response sales pages).

So you are going to use leverage.....a.....WEBINAR.


This is going to give you 10x-25x the conversions. Let's take the low estimate - 10x. So, if you get ~2 million people on a call (you can autoplay the webinar check out stealthseminar.com), you will convert prospects to buyers like crazy.


But first you have to get people on the call right?

So how many clicks are you going to need?


Let's say your webinar sign up page converts at 30%.

So, you will need 6 million clicks to get 2 million webinar sign ups of which 10% or ~200,000 sign up for your Insider's newsletter.

Now in reality, not all the people who sign up for the call will show up, more like 50% (only if you are really lucky and create a killer pre-sales sequence....see Ted Nicholas' work on this).

The bottom line though is that you don't have to do a lot of thinking and this way is simple, gives you a google-independent business and YOU control all the aspects that matter...the traffic (because it's list traffic), the conversions (through the webinar) and the content (you can easily outsource this...or do the research yourself, lol).

No worrying about quality score shit, updating wordpress plugins, unapproved ads and the like.


You could get the 6 million clicks from JV Partners but that's another can of worms. A HUGE partner may send you 10,000 clicks so divide 6m clicks/10,000 clicks to see how many people you'll need to mail for you.

You could get some cheap targeted traffic with CPV. If your actual cpc is $.10 (try using adult traffic networks), it's going to cost you $600,000 to acquire ~200,000 paying customers.

This may seem like a big number but at least you have a goal! Even if it takes you 5 years to get there, you can avoid shiny objects syndrome because you have a solid understanding of the numbers you need to hit to get what you want.

And if you price point is higher, your webinar attendants rates are higher, your sales conversion rates are higher or your CPCs are lower - you can get their faster, easier and cheaper than described above.


But get this - the sweet, sweet beauty of enhanced lifetime customer value in the form of continuity is going to be your friend.

You will do the work of acquiring customers once - and get paid for life (the life of the customer that is).

Life time customer value is: avg sales price*no. of transactions*no. years customer remains with you (expected)

As long as you deliver value month in and month out you have your $1m/year in largely passive income without having to worry about the drama of getting traffic or tweaking sales copy or hiring a $250,000 copywriter.


Good luck....