Firefox 4



It's lame - From my experience it hogs a ton more memory than previous versions and seems to have an issue with "stealing focus" from other windows. I wish they were continuing to support v3.6.

I've been running Chrome (yea yea i know...) but it's so damn light and fast.
 
Anyone else have the problem of blank windows opening when you start FF?
 
I switched to Firefox 4 from Maxthon. First time ever switching to FF. I like it. I had to install a ton of addons and do some tweaks to make it usable and non-annoying, and I still hate the bookmarks menu, but other than that it's solid (Maxthon became buggy, IE sucks, and I don't like Chrome).

Oh and I really really hate that refreshing doesn't refresh values in textboxes unless you hold Shift when clicking. Just stupid.
 
I switched to Firefox 4 from Maxthon. First time ever switching to FF. I like it. I had to install a ton of addons and do some tweaks to make it usable and non-annoying, and I still hate the bookmarks menu, but other than that it's solid (Maxthon became buggy, IE sucks, and I don't like Chrome).

Oh and I really really hate that refreshing doesn't refresh values in textboxes unless you hold Shift when clicking. Just stupid.

Bookmarks:
Drag the favicon from the url address bar over top of the bookmarks icon. Still holding down the mouse button slide it down to the folder you want. Never click thru levels of menus or folder hierarchy again. Quick.

Refresh:
Between gestures and context menu addons you can make it do about anything you want the way you want.
 
Got it and had a ton of problems so I downloaded the latest version of 3.6 again and everything is back to normal.
 
Hello friend,

Upgrade from FireFox 3 to 4 is like upgrade from Alto Lxi to Maruti Suzuki SX4.

Good luck bro
 
I tried firefox 4 and it is sooo fucking slow... I hate google and privacy shit but I am getting back to chrome...

Actually I might try that Iron browser...
 
Thinking of fucking it off...can't access things that I need to, bogs the system down, and is generally the shittiest version they have released.

Can anyone give their preferences please? I tried Chrome and it seems light and easy...tried many but not sure which ones are the more preferred these days.

One thing is for certain; this new firefox sucks dog balls.