Fuck Google some more!!!

TheCrabb

Banned
Oct 9, 2009
292
7
0
South Africa
Christ, I dunno is this is a rant, a complaint or even if it makes me happy.... Google is just confusing the shit outta me!

About 6 months ago AdSense stopped appearing on 3 of my sites - my account wasn't banned, just 3 sites displaying "page cannot be displayed" where Adsense should have been (I was pulling the code from an include file).

They weren't huge money making sites (altogether about $15 per day) that I used mainly for generating link juice to money sites, so I didn't care too much - sure, I tried contacting Google to find out what was wrong, but you know how far that got me!

I was running AdBritre on the same sites (with interstitials) so I figured that was the problem and stripped it out - no change.

Anyway, I swapped out the Adsense code for Bidvertiser, but must have missed an instance or 2 because I still got a couple of pageviews and the occasional click form Adsense but for the life of me I couldn't find the pages where AdSense was still working (I had a lot of crappy Traffic Equaliser pages in subfolders).

A month ago, I logged into Bidvertsier and got that "Sorry-your clicks suck-fuck off- remove our code from your pages-we're not even going to send you the money we owe you so far-don't bother contacting is for an explanation" message. So I figured "fuck it"! It's just too much hassel trying to make a couple of bucks out of these sites, and I was going to largely abandon them, and just keep them live for the link juice.

Then on Friday, I noticed a load of AdSense clicks coming in from them! I checked and noticed that I hadn't removed the code for Adsense AdUnits, and they had suddenly started displaying again. So I added the code for LinkUnits....they didn't display anything.... until this morning (Monday) Suddenly ads are displaying on all pages - even the ones that still have the AdBrite interstritial ads which I believed were the problem in the first place!!!

WTF?!?!?!?! Does Google have a temp "per site" ban? Did they simply fuck up? Will the ads stay on my site?

Anyway - here's a tip I learned. If Google Ads stop displaying on your site and your account isn't banned, just leave the code in place. It may start working again in a few months. I did a basic directory submission blast last month so maybe inbound links and traffic have something to do with it. I dunno - what ever... and a partridge in a pear tree..