fuck have to get surgery

rockstar45177

Banned
Nov 2, 2010
1,012
8
0
No
Had an MRI done as well as X-Rays and found out I have a torn labrum in my left hip. Been doing PT for 6 months and have hit a brick wall....now I know why.

Doctors say I need to see a hip arthroscopic specialist for the surgery.

the Specialist they recommended is down in Arlington VA. Dr. Andrew Wolff

anyone here have this type of surgery done before?
 


Nope, But good luck hope everything works out well.


yeah thanks. Been in chronic pain for 2 years and seen over 10 different providers for this. Hopefully after I get the surgery my pelvis and gate pattern will go back to normal and my muscle pain and tightness will end.
 
Good luck man.

Quote: "[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]If you're going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill[/FONT]
 
best to you. I had surgery last summer for the first time. Totally freaked out before it but had no reason to. It went smooth. Last thing I remember was counting backwards and then I wake up groggy...no pain at all because of painkillers (low dose) but didn't need anything after leaving.
 
Tore a hand tendon in a racing incident. Yeah, you Only want to go to a dr. (or a medical proffessor -- typically these are the best surgeons) that Only does that kind of surgery. Don't fuck around with a general orthopedic surgeon.

Also: Make Sure He Does Sports Medicine. There is a huge difference.
 
All the best for you, I'm sure you will be fine ;)

thanks

I wish you the best bro...

thank you

Good luck man.

Quote: "[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]If you're going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill[/FONT]

thank you sir churchill

It's better to get this kind of stuff treated as early as possible..

found out it was torn last summer like July/ Aug of 2010

best to you. I had surgery last summer for the first time. Totally freaked out before it but had no reason to. It went smooth. Last thing I remember was counting backwards and then I wake up groggy...no pain at all because of painkillers (low dose) but didn't need anything after leaving.

really what was the surgery for? how many docs did you see before making your decision on who would be the one to cut you open?

Any idea what caused this? BTW, pretty sure I used your SEO services back in my Wafo days, good to see you here and good luck with your surgery.

Long story, But in a nut shell. Initial injury to big right toe in soccer game in July 2009, walked abnormally on it for a month to compensate for the pain. Which messed up my right leg all the way up to my right hip. Then around July/Aug of 2010 my right leg got so tight and messed up that I had to shift all my weight onto my left leg for a several weeks/months and that is what tore the labrum. so the muscles in my left leg started to tighten up and compensate because of improper gate function and the labrum being torn.

My lower back, and legs and walking in general is all messed up now.

Tore a hand tendon in a racing incident. Yeah, you Only want to go to a dr. (or a medical proffessor -- typically these are the best surgeons) that Only does that kind of surgery. Don't fuck around with a general orthopedic surgeon.



Also: Make Sure He Does Sports Medicine. There is a huge difference.
Yes that is what most of my research is telling me. Hip arthroscope is relatively new and there are only 3-4 specialists in the U.S.A who can do the surgery. Because of the nature of the tools required and the location of the labrum (around the psoas, hip flexor muscles and nerves as well as the femoral arteries) would not want a surgeon to cut them!


Here is a vid of what the surgery looks like found it on youtube fucked up shit:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDHayHA4atM&feature=related]Hip Arthroscopy: Labral Repair for Torn Labrum - YouTube[/ame]

found out I have under surface tearing and partial detachment of the anterior base of the labrum and possible mild under surface tearing of the posterior superior labrum.
 
Sounds like you have come to the point where you have no options left. Cjhoose your surgeon wisely and things should work out well for you.

I've had 6 surgeries in the past dozen years or so. All but one worked out wonderfully.
 
Sounds like you have come to the point where you have no options left. Cjhoose your surgeon wisely and things should work out well for you.

I've had 6 surgeries in the past dozen years or so. All but one worked out wonderfully.

what was the deal with the one that did not work out? what happended?

what criteria did you look for with your surgeons? or surgeon?
 
You know you've probably been directed to a real good guy for this.

Firstly if there's only 4; right there you got a good shot.

But mainly because your getting sent to DC, lotta heavy hitter clients there.

Good Luck.

You know the rehab is at least as important as the surgery, so don't mess around. Take the pain; next year it'll be over and worth it.
 
You know you've probably been directed to a real good guy for this.

Firstly if there's only 4; right there you got a good shot.

But mainly because your getting sent to DC, lotta heavy hitter clients there.

Good Luck.

You know the rehab is at least as important as the surgery, so don't mess around. Take the pain; next year it'll be over and worth it.

Yes thanks. found out after talking with a patient who had this surgery done that I will have to be on crutches for 4-6 weeks and rehad/ PT and recover for at least 3-6 months.

Might as well find a good SEO project to focus on LOL.
 
Hope it all works out for you. These types of surgery's have come a long way so shouldn't be a problem. Hope they don't have to hooked on the pain meds coming off them could be worse then the pain your enduring. Either way good luck to you.
 
Hope it all works out for you. These types of surgery's have come a long way so shouldn't be a problem. Hope they don't have to hooked on the pain meds coming off them could be worse then the pain your enduring. Either way good luck to you.

Yeah I talked to a nurse that had the surgery done by this very specialist and said she was not in much pain after the surgery.

I wish you all the best and I hope you recover fully!

thanks man.
 
Had knee arthroscopy and cartilage removed, its no where near as scary as it first seems when they mention the word 'operation' - Anasthetics are a lot easier now and arthroscopies are minimally invasive - you probably won't even be able to spot the scars the entry points are tiny.

Good luck with it and make sure you get sports physio to check you out a couple of weeks after to ensure you get full mobility and strength back to allow you to train to your fullest.