FUCK the Media and Fuck this country

rockstar45177

Banned
Nov 2, 2010
1,012
8
0
No
the school shooting was bad but what the media is doing now is so fucked up

I can't fucking stand it. They are interviewing little kids and asking them how they feel about this shit? WHAT THE FUCK? WHERE IS THE LINE?

what makes things worse is that with all this heavy media coverage it will increase the chances of a copy cat shooting somewhere else. Where some other fucked up 20 year old is going to get motivated to shoot more innocent people by seeing this shit.

The media knows exactly what it is doing and knows it's immoral and unethical but does it anyway because there is no oversight or accountability and if any one tries to stop them they just say its a first amendment right.

This is not what our forefathers had in mind when they were thinking about freedom of speech. As others have stated the media is simply profiting off of death and destruction. This time using little children who don't know any better and have not even had time to process what the fuck just happened to them.

I have believed that this country was really fucked up for a long time and getting worse in a lot of other areas not just the media and the government but also taxes, the legal system, consumerism but this school shooting is it.

I had to vent and put this down somewhere if I was a parent of any one of those kids and the media tried to do this shit to them I would knock them the fuck out . I can't stand this shit.
 


So it would better if the government told them who was An acceptable eye witness to interview?
 
You're just witnessing the Facebook generation getting into media jobs. Nothing is private.
 
So it would better if the government told them who was An acceptable eye witness to interview?

Wait...

So you're telling me that the government doesn't use the media to push their own agendas?

4kftd5.gif
 
It does suck. Though, if you think about it statistically, crime is way lower now than it was like 30 years ago (not taking into account the child killings).
 
"Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. "Wouldn't you say," she asked, "that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?" No, I said, I wouldn't say that. "But what about 'Basketball Diaries'?" she asked. "Doesn't that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?" The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it's unlikely the Columbine killers saw it.

The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. "Events like this," I said, "if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn't have messed with me. I'll go out in a blaze of glory."

In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of "explaining" them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy." -- Roger Ebert

Elephant :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews
 
So it would better if the government told them who was An acceptable eye witness to interview?

It would be better if people stopped watching network news. It's pretty much a drip feed of trauma based mind control constantly seeping into millions of peoples' minds.
 
I blame the SSRIs. Any study been done on how many of the people involved in these types of shootings have recently been put on psychiatric medication?

And yeah fuck the media. Watching it is voluntary though, do yourself a favour and find other sources of information.
 
I blame the SSRIs. Any study been done on how many of the people involved in these types of shootings have recently been put on psychiatric medication?

And yeah fuck the media. Watching it is voluntary though, do yourself a favour and find other sources of information.

Isn't it logical to assume that since they were put on SSRI's in the first place, maybe they were more apt to do something like this already?

That said, I do have close-hand experience with someone who was on SSRI's and committed suicide. Do SSRI's affect impulse control. Maybe.
 
It would be better if people stopped watching network news. It's pretty much a drip feed of trauma based mind control constantly seeping into millions of peoples' minds.

+1000

this isn't about informing the public; it's about feeding the people who crave this shit, and generating ad revenue with viewership.

Just stop watching. Better yet throw out your TV.