Go to google and type in "do a barrel roll"



So did the term just not exist before the starfox game?

Not really since barrel rolls are mostly for fighter jets, and I assume in the rare case where the U.S. F16's are having air-to-air combat with some Migs launching missiles and gattling guns and shit, none of the other pilots are talking in their mics to eachother yelling "Do a barrel roll!"

It's just assumed if the other pilot sees a missile coming in his radar that he does a barrel roll to avoid it.

So the only instance that I surmise somebody will actually command another person to "do a barrel roll" would be during training in the fighter jets in which an instructor would teach one of the trainees how to do one, or of course in Starfox.
 
Hmm thank god i wasn't hung over, because I just might've reacted to it trying to turn the monitor to the other direction