Gonna Be a Scrapebox Murder...

1yerrot

An Inglorious Bastard
Jul 20, 2010
3,496
27
0
Dominican Republic
DUDE SERIOUSLY!:angryfire: Freakin Scrapebox and these VPS's are gonna make me kill someone.

The Freakin scrapebox keeps stalling out after a few seconds and sometimes going black or all "chameleon" on me, I have been fighting with this thing since Saturday.

I've re-booted, I've reinstalled windows, I even bought a 2nd VPS and it's still happening. Scrapebox blames it on the VPS(saying not enough resources???), the VPS's blame it on Scrapebox or Windows. The crazy thing is, on the first VPS scrape box ran just fine when I first ran it.

I've got 1 GB of Ram with 20GB storage on 1 VPS, the other has 1 GB Ram and 30GB storage. I'm only trying to run 2 instances, but not even ONE freakin works on EITHER box!

Anyone dealt with this crap before. I'm about to start chokin' folks at random soon!!! This is pissin me off... :angryfire:
 


I've never really had my copy crash unless it's scraped millions of url's, then it decides to act up.

My VPS has 1.5GB ram, have you tried reducing some of the threads/settings and then running 1 instance to see how that goes? That might help..
 
I've never really had my copy crash unless it's scraped millions of url's, then it decides to act up.

My VPS has 1.5GB ram, have you tried reducing some of the threads/settings and then running 1 instance to see how that goes? That might help..
I always run 20 threads with 90 second timeouts. Can't even get to the 2nd instance. CRAZY!
 
moar
Dodge-Ram-BFT-6.jpg
 
Not to get too far off topic, but when you guys are trying to scrape say a million url's, I'm assuming that you're only getting a small percentage that are actually related to the keywords you're scraping from correct?

Oh and get more RAM.
 
Throw that bitch on a 4GB dedi and you'll never see the black screen of hate again.

PR checking 3K urls in 45 seconds all day.....ALL DAY! IT'S ALL I DO!

I mean, get more RAM.
 
run that shit on your home computer with no proxies, don't be a bitch bro. just make sure you're running AA lists or your ISP gets pissed

I run this shit once a day from home: http://ioj.com/v/4mvsf


EDIT: Oh, didn't read the whole thread first. What I was trying to say is "Yea bro, you need more RAM obviously" :)
RAM is cheap as fuck anyway, I got 16GB of DDR3 for like $200 or something.
 
Not to get too far off topic, but when you guys are trying to scrape say a million url's, I'm assuming that you're only getting a small percentage that are actually related to the keywords you're scraping from correct?

Oh and get more RAM.


This is how I scrape: http://ioj.com/v/ajcud

Then I will add/remove keyword(s) to the list as needed, you can fucking pull stupid amounts of blogs. Just use dictionary lists or word lists, sometimes it a little hard to find the types of word lists you need but if you find the right ones you can get some bad ass results.

Just do find/replace all in your txt editor and replace your prints or keywords.
 
DUDE SERIOUSLY!:angryfire: Freakin Scrapebox and these VPS's are gonna make me kill someone.

The Freakin scrapebox keeps stalling out after a few seconds and sometimes going black or all "chameleon" on me, I have been fighting with this thing since Saturday.

I've re-booted, I've reinstalled windows, I even bought a 2nd VPS and it's still happening. Scrapebox blames it on the VPS(saying not enough resources???), the VPS's blame it on Scrapebox or Windows. The crazy thing is, on the first VPS scrape box ran just fine when I first ran it.

I've got 1 GB of Ram with 20GB storage on 1 VPS, the other has 1 GB Ram and 30GB storage. I'm only trying to run 2 instances, but not even ONE freakin works on EITHER box!

Anyone dealt with this crap before. I'm about to start chokin' folks at random soon!!! This is pissin me off... :angryfire:

You got FireFox on dat system?
 
I have upgraded to 2000 MB of memory and 40gb disk space and still stalling out after a few seconds of commenting. It HAS to be something else. I'm getting no answers from the SB support side or the VPS support side, they are as clueless as I am it seems. This freakin blows!!!
 
Got SB on a 8gb dedi and it still locks the whole thing up on large lists, like 500,000+. It's the only app on my dedi that requires me to eventually do a reboot to get back in.
 
I used to use websiteserviceplus, til I discovered they just broker their vpses from Thrust::VPS | Cranking it to 11 . Works out a few dollars cheaper going direct, plus you don't have to go through brokered support.

I have 2 vps setup around a year ago on websiteserviceplus because Thrust used to charge vat for non us customers so ws+ turned out cheaper afterall. Did Thrust change their policy on that?
 
OK, moved to my 3rd VPS... burst.net

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VPS Software: SolusVM™ / Xen™[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

CPU: 3000MHZ GUARANTEED
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Memory: 3GB GUARANTEED
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Disk Space: 200GB
(RAID BASED CONFIG)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Bandwidth: 4000GB
/MONTH
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IP Addresses: 2 (IPv4) + IPv6[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Management: BASIC MANAGED[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DDOS Protection: CISCO™ GUARD[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE SETUP[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$49.95/MONTH[/FONT]

STILL DOESN'T WORK... I just don't know man...:crying: