Gonna Be a Scrapebox Murder...



After running SB (and as many other SEO tools as you want) at home, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't.

As long as you have access to an ISP with unmetered, high bandwidth like 50 Mbps download there is no reason not to. Then run SB on a dedicated machine, and behind a VPN (I like HMA). If you want remote access, then use a dynamic DNS service like no-ip.com. Oh, and make sure you have a good router like an Asus RT-N16 or Netgear WNR3500L.

Sure, the internet access alone costs more than a VPS. I was paying $50/mo for internet previously for 15 Mbps down, and for an extra $50 / mo now I get 50 Mbps. So really, the marginal cost is comparable to a decent VPS.

And you get spanking fast internet to use at home, and an excuse to build a new computer.

I used:

Intel DB65AL
Core i5-2400
8GB ram
Intel 320 series SSD

I can't even consume all of my resources if I wanted to at the moment (bandwidth OR hardware). Plus, taking into consideration that I don't have to deal with tech support, customer support, server issues, etc. it's awesome.

Hell you can also double this as a HTPC, file server, web server, whatever.
 
After running SB (and as many other SEO tools as you want) at home, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't.

As long as you have access to an ISP with unmetered, high bandwidth like 50 Mbps download there is no reason not to. Then run SB on a dedicated machine, and behind a VPN (I like HMA). If you want remote access, then use a dynamic DNS service like no-ip.com. Oh, and make sure you have a good router like an Asus RT-N16 or Netgear WNR3500L.

Sure, the internet access alone costs more than a VPS. I was paying $50/mo for internet previously for 15 Mbps down, and for an extra $50 / mo now I get 50 Mbps. So really, the marginal cost is comparable to a decent VPS.

And you get spanking fast internet to use at home, and an excuse to build a new computer.

I used:

Intel DB65AL
Core i5-2400
8GB ram
Intel 320 series SSD

I can't even consume all of my resources if I wanted to at the moment (bandwidth OR hardware). Plus, taking into consideration that I don't have to deal with tech support, customer support, server issues, etc. it's awesome.

Hell you can also double this as a HTPC, file server, web server, whatever.
I hear you, but one big problem with that is I live in the Dominican Republic and Internet and electricity can drop out at any moment. Was down 4 hours yesterday. Thats why I need something remote like VPS.
 
I also use websiteserviceplus, 2GB of ram, never had a real problem with Scrapebox, though I'm a very light user...Usually scrape up to 20k. Didn't even have many crashes, just a few times.
 
After running SB (and as many other SEO tools as you want) at home, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't.

As long as you have access to an ISP with unmetered, high bandwidth like 50 Mbps download there is no reason not to. Then run SB on a dedicated machine, and behind a VPN (I like HMA). If you want remote access, then use a dynamic DNS service like no-ip.com. Oh, and make sure you have a good router like an Asus RT-N16 or Netgear WNR3500L.

Sure, the internet access alone costs more than a VPS. I was paying $50/mo for internet previously for 15 Mbps down, and for an extra $50 / mo now I get 50 Mbps. So really, the marginal cost is comparable to a decent VPS.

And you get spanking fast internet to use at home, and an excuse to build a new computer.

I used:

Intel DB65AL
Core i5-2400
8GB ram
Intel 320 series SSD

I can't even consume all of my resources if I wanted to at the moment (bandwidth OR hardware). Plus, taking into consideration that I don't have to deal with tech support, customer support, server issues, etc. it's awesome.

Hell you can also double this as a HTPC, file server, web server, whatever.

What internet provider are you using? I have Comcast who has "unlimited" which is not unmetered as it caps at 250 GB of bandwidth. That's why I had to get a server. AT&T, Bellsouth, Knology, as far as I know, they all have tiers of internet purchases (mainly differentiated by download speeds, not bandwidth) and offer no increased bandwidth options. This is in TN.
 
moar
Dodge-Ram-BFT-6.jpg

Seriously though, you shouldn't buy BLUE RAM, buy GREEN RAM, and don't get a duley, too poor gas milage.

:D

yeah I make bad jokes.