Google Bans Adwords use for Facebook

iPwnNoobs

Banned
Dec 5, 2009
1,512
72
0
uswest.battle.net
You can no longer use Google Adwords to advertise things on Facebook. If you have anything that is related to Facebook and want to promote it, you will first need to get it approved by the Adwords team


heres a transcript of a call with an adwords rep that went something like:

Caller: Hello, I am calling because I received a promotion to advertise our company on Adwords.
Google Adwords Rep: Hello, let me just get your name, email address, and website please.

Caller: ____, _____, and _____.

Google Adwords Rep: What is it that your company does?

Caller: We assist small businesses establish an effective presence on Facebook and Twitter.

Google Adwords Rep: Alright well I will actually have to check with my higher up to get this approved because we recently stopped running Adwords for Facebook.

Caller: You did? Why?

Google Adwords Rep: Yes, well we are currently in a fierce legal battle with Facebook so we have started screening our Adwords. We are turning down adwords that promote Facebook. I will email you within the next two days to let you know whether or not your Adwords campaign is approved.


Maybe that fierce legal battle, which they are not discussing the details of, is related to FBs ads, or +1 ...
 


I've got $1000 that says that a google rep didn't even THINK of the words "fierce legal battle" let alone say that to a caller.

Bull.Shit. They may not run it, but that transcript is fabricated.