Google Chrome, Firefox add 'Do Not Track' features



People will use it...until they realize they can't login to a bunch of sites because their browser doesn't allow them to. Nonetheless, it has the capability of doing widespread damage to behavioral advertising, especially retargeting.

I'd assume if it becomes widespread, then the sites will have to change.

Its going to really hurt the relevance of the ads that people see. I don't see why anyone would want this if they actually understood what was happening.
 
Yeah, I never got the tracking thing. It's not like someone is sitting there, rubbing their hands with glee as they personally follow you round the whole internet.
 
I'd assume if it becomes widespread, then the sites will have to change.
But unless it comes defaulted on, which you know damn well the IAB & Madison Ave won't allow; how in the hell could it "become widespread?"

I really see this as a minor annoyance, almost a non-issue because adoption rates are destined to be so very, very low.

Its going to really hurt the relevance of the ads that people see. I don't see why anyone would want this if they actually understood what was happening.
Agreed here too; some who take the time to learn (what is that, o.ooooooo1 %?) won't even want it. Only ppl wearing tin foil hats will.