Google Settlement Fund

erifdekciw

New member
May 3, 2008
2,144
51
0
Did anyone get a check in the mail the past day or so? Apparently there was some kind of settlement for 20 million and a bunch of people got sent checks. I got mine today, a whopping 42 cents. How much did you guys get?
 


I tried to figure out what it was all about and their website is a big wall of text so I only read to the part where apparently its for people who got overcharged on their first month.
 
$0.12 for a random campaign I set up for my husband's company. Straight to the trash, it cost more to send it then it was worth. WTF is the point of that?
 
You'd think the check would at least be for the amount they over charged you.

EDIT:

I guess you got the traffic so what the hell was the point of even sending the checks. Yeah, you ended up spending more per day than you intended, but you got services in exchange. Looks like a pointless money grab by lawyers.
 
I guess you got the traffic so what the hell was the point of even sending the checks. Yeah, you ended up spending more per day than you intended, but you got services in exchange. Looks like a pointless money grab by lawyers.

If you tell somebody or an ad system not to exceed a certain budget, you shouldn't have to pay above that budget regardless of if you got the traffic for it or not.
 
ha yea I got a check for like $0.42

6wxsQ.png
 
You'd think the check would at least be for the amount they over charged you.

The only people that got the tiny checks were the people that failed to opt out of the class action suit. You should always opt out of class action lawsuits so that you can retain your right to bring your own suit and actually get more than a couple dollars.