Seems they're now redirecting to google hong kong.
BBC News - Google stops censoring search results in China
BBC News - Google stops censoring search results in China
Just a counterpoint to the "google has balls argument." There has been speculation that Google is using this as a "get out of jail free" card because they have been losing the search race in China to Baidu and feel that it's a waste of money to keep trying.
I don't personally buy this one as they have a very significant market share of the most populated country in the world, but it's still something to think about.
Yea, alot of folks in the west don't realize that google hardly made much of a dent over in China, they're like #4 or so behind some Asian based engines.
Just a counterpoint to the "google has balls argument." There has been speculation that Google is using this as a "get out of jail free" card because they have been losing the search race in China to Baidu and feel that it's a waste of money to keep trying.
I don't personally buy this one as they have a very significant market share of the most populated country in the world, but it's still something to think about.
![]()
I wouldn't say they haven't made a dent...
You have anything for the entire Asian market (ie: not narrowed down to just the censor'd china)?
Baidu stock up 1.8% today
bought that shit months ago
I tried to tell people
/dance