Hard drive enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCLIND

I'm about to go H.A.M.
Sep 18, 2007
513
14
0
Oklahoma City
So my computer died and had to get a new one. Pulled the hard drive out of the old PC and need to find a good enclosure that without a doubt works with Vista. I got one when I bought the new PC but Vista wouldn't recognize it. Any suggestions. By the way it's an IDE drive and not a SATA. Thanks
 


Not sure if any of these will work but...

1. try removing all the jumpers from the back of your drive (little pin connectors)
2. another usb port
3. download the driver for the enclosure
4. check the sites support
5. is the drive formatted? try going in diskmgmt.msc in start > run, see if it picks it up there?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.