Has anyone bought student/teacher license of Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLKeenan

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
2,506
14
0
Boston, MA
When they aren't a student? Did MS ever contact you? My girlfriend is still in college so maybe I'll just use her name when I buy it :) For $75, getting a legit license and full DVD isn't a bad deal.
 


A lot of computer science departments have a deal with microsoft where students can get a free copy for "development." If you can't find a CS student, then $75 isn't bad. I think the only issue is that if you try to install it on more than one PC in 90 days you have to do phone verification, but they pretty much have to take your word that "your hard drive failed so you had to buy a new one."
 
A lot of computer science departments have a deal with microsoft where students can get a free copy for "development." If you can't find a CS student, then $75 isn't bad. I think the only issue is that if you try to install it on more than one PC in 90 days you have to do phone verification, but they pretty much have to take your word that "your hard drive failed so you had to buy a new one."
Yep, check to see if your girlfriend's school is listed at MSDNAA - Schools , and if she has access to it.

I have XP pro and Vista business from that - I installed Vista, found out I preferred XP, so I just uninstalled it and put XP on my laptop. No issues at all.
 
The cheapest way to get MS stuff is to join their partner programme - for a few hundred USD per year, you get loads of copies of ALL their stuff, apart from Visual studio. Including all the server software, all the office software, the lot.

To qualify, you need to be specifying or recommending solutions based on MS stuff. Although the qualification is self certified afaik.
 
That student deal for Office Ultimate was a pretty good deal.

Office Ultimate for like 70 bucks I think. Picked up a copy with my wife's school e-mail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.