Hey, awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.


ROFL you're trying to run a 7-15k/day site on shared hosting? Hostgator would have cut you off within a week haha.

Seriously dude, just get managed dedicated hosting - that is exactly what you need.

Hell dreamhost says I use "too much" with a site only getting 200 unique visits a day. If he's getting 15K/day in unique visits (which is god knows how many page views), I'd be surprised if visitors aren't crawling to his site.
 
Hell dreamhost says I use "too much" with a site only getting 200 unique visits a day. If he's getting 15K/day in unique visits (which is god knows how many page views), I'd be surprised if visitors aren't crawling to his site.
It isn't about uniques but rather about the resources used. There is a huge difference between serving 200 HTML Pages and 200 dynamic pages with 5 big-ass queries being used to generate the page.
 
It isn't about uniques but rather about the resources used. There is a huge difference between serving 200 HTML Pages and 200 dynamic pages with 5 big-ass queries being used to generate the page.

wordpress isn't dynamic? though I understand the point when it comes to queries, the point is for anything serious, shared isn't the way to go.
 
Mainly because you seemed to be implying when I said 200, that I was talking strictly of static pages. But anywho I'm sure we'll both agree that based on what the OP said, surprised he lasted as long as he did on a shared account.
Oh it was not a remark on you but rather an extension of what you said. You can serve thousands of people from shared servers if you hardly use any resources -- so can't comment on how much limits could he have pushed.

But yeah, it is a good idea to be on a VPS as you have far more control over things with lot less expense than having a ded.
 
Picked up a VPS on Liquid Web. Special for their professional VPS package with everything upgraded was at $90 per month, I did the $150 setup fee and it's $75 per month now. They're very good about answering their phones. Waiting for them to migrate things now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.