:question4:Over the years I've been moving various parts of my world online/to the cloud. One of the advantages is that you can recover from a computer crash pretty easily by firing up another computer and moving on. But I am always interested in improvement so I am curious as to how others roll when it comes to online storage. I also come from a background of disaster recovery so getting back to productive time is extremely important to me.
My toolkit:
- Google apps/gmail for all email
- Foxmarks to remember bookmarks, tabs, some passwords, browsing history
- Dropbox for file saving and sync. This is the absolute best tool and my first install
- Mozy. Just started using this and judgment is still out
- Roboform with online sync (password mgmt/form filling)
- Basecamp for projects. Highrise for contacts.
I don't know what to do about my 15K songs yet. I keep them on a sep. partition for now and pray none of my entire physical drives fail. They are in queue to be backed up by Mozy but that is still a full week or two from completion to back up over 100G.
Key questions:
- What tools are you using ?
- If your computer and house just blew up and you had to run down to the store and get a vanilla one off the shelf how long until you could be productive again ?
My toolkit:
- Google apps/gmail for all email
- Foxmarks to remember bookmarks, tabs, some passwords, browsing history
- Dropbox for file saving and sync. This is the absolute best tool and my first install
- Mozy. Just started using this and judgment is still out
- Roboform with online sync (password mgmt/form filling)
- Basecamp for projects. Highrise for contacts.
I don't know what to do about my 15K songs yet. I keep them on a sep. partition for now and pray none of my entire physical drives fail. They are in queue to be backed up by Mozy but that is still a full week or two from completion to back up over 100G.
Key questions:
- What tools are you using ?
- If your computer and house just blew up and you had to run down to the store and get a vanilla one off the shelf how long until you could be productive again ?