How often do you goto the doctor?

Kiopa_Matt

Banned
May 13, 2011
5,216
52
0
How often do you guys goto the doctor? Are you the careful type and go all the time just to ensure everything is fine? Or are you more like me, and only go when absolutely required? Past 10 years, I think I've been 3 times -- once for strepthroat, and a couple times for stiches. Oh, and a pharmacist once when I had a battle with a grease fire, and lost.

Same goes for medicine. I hate taking even asprin, and will only take medicine if absolutely needed (eg. strepthroat). Then the rare time I get sick, people jump and and try to give me medicine, and just no, piss off. Just a bed and lots of water is all I need. That's why I come with an immune system. They tend to work quite good when you don't fuck with them, and constantly pollute them with pharmaceuticals.

Been feeling like shit again lately though, so thinking about going for a general checkup, but man I hate doctors. Not feeling bad, but just sleeping 18 hours a day, can't concentrate, always drained, etc. Maybe it's just emotional, or maybe my body is fighting something, or maybe a little from both columns. :)

That, and even if something major is wrong, do you really want to know? Or are you the type that'd prefer to be blissfully ignorant, and just let nature take its course?
 


We men often hate to go to the hospital or doctors coz we hate the idea of us or our ego being too weak to handle.

I prefer taking a combiflam and let the rest work out.
 
Not feeling bad, but just sleeping 18 hours a day, can't concentrate, always drained, etc.

You're always tired because you sleep so much.

Get out in the sun and get some vitamin D. Stop eating like shit. Get some exercise.

Do those three things regularly and the doctor will remain a stranger for a long time to come.

Or don't and just keep whining and keep feeling like shit. Nobody here cares either way.

People that piss and moan about feeling like crap when they obviously treat their body like crap irk me.

You get no sympathy from me.
 
Big brave macho men die every day because their egos won't let them go see a doctor. If I had that attitude I would have died 30 years ago.
 
I think the last time I went to the doctor was for some anal bleeding 5+ years ago because I was sitting too much or something and too freaked out about it to just get some hemorrhoid cream and suppositories from Wal-Mart.

That's not to say I don't get sick. I usually will get flu-like symptoms about once or twice a year. This year though is odd, down with my 3rd bout in about a month or so because everyone in my family keeps passing it back and forth and the germs are on everything. But I was ready for the 3rd round and my immune system and exercise is way up from the first two a few weeks ago (was over confident about increasing my running mileage one week and it lowered my immune system with my body repairing itself), so it's just a runny nose for the last few days.

Anyway, to your point about feeling like shit - that happens when you're eating a lot of processed foods, drinking soft drinks or energy drinks, and being sedentary. I know because I lived off an IV of energy drinks and mountain dew for the past two years and made a change over the summer and haven't looked back.

Start running slowly for 25-30 minutes, 3 times a week, for a month and stick with it. You'll start feeling hyper when you get into your second month. Seriously, that starts releasing a "feel good" chemical in your body and it only intensifies the more fit you get. It's why you'll see people addicted to the gym.

Now, the only thing I need is a cup of coffee to get me focused when I'm done with exercising and had my breakfast and I'm set for the day. I get more work done in a few hours now than I did in 18+ a few months ago because I had issues focusing after extended periods of little sleep and not being active.
 
I snort Jack3d and take Resveratrol suppositories, I'm going to live FOREVER.

I actually go to my allergist once a year, dentist 2x/yr, but rarely ever to the normal doctor for checkups. Only if I'm really sick or something.
 
Dentist once a year (costs $30 for a checkup, why not), got flu last year for two days, toughed it out with no meds, avoid taking painkillers etc, last time i went to the doc was to get a broken nose (sports) fixed up. Good immune system ftw.
 
If I'm seriously sick for more than a week I'll probably go in and get some meds. Aside from that, there generally has to be a bone showing or enough blood that I can't stop it with duct tape to get me to the doctor. I have a fucked up knee that has needed surgery for a year, but I'm an idiot and haven't gone in to get it done. Maybe...after the first of the year, but I can't guarantee anything.
 
The family Russki doctor in my area is fucking stupid as shit and is a literal example of "treat over cure" - so doc's not an option for me. Turns out when you don't eat shit and hit the gym daily, life turns out fine before 40.
 
I have not gone to a doctor in almost 20 years. My last visit was to get a measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination that was required for a Boy Scout camp.
 
I don't. Sometimes I wish I would more often . Last time I went it was for scratching my eyeball, but other than that it has been literally like 4 years since i went.
 
As few times as possible, i had a severe sickness early this year then i hit the doc up but before that it was like 4 years ago.
 
I go every six months to get a general check up (plus whenever I am sick/need a referral to a specialist. Although if it's just a cold/tonsillitis/flu I don't take any meds and just fluid it up and sleep), it's pretty alarming that some of you haven't been to the doctors in five plus years - especially if you are older.

It's a lot easier to treat pretty much everything as long as you catch it early.