How to convince business owners that the people on internet are real

fekfek

Banned
Jan 8, 2011
39
0
0
I am basically selling "customers" to "business owners" by doing SEO.

When it comes to pay something for something related with software, internet etc. people don't pay in my country so do biz owners. Its because i guess they see internet as a some sort of toy, entertainment thingy. They don't take it serious. I think they do believe that people searching in the internet are not REAL. The customers i will bring are delusion or something...

I wonder how you deal with these kind of people?
 


Setup a Skype account and talk with them via Skype on the phone... This way, you can explain everything clearly and precisely to them rather then chatting with them...

This may help...
 
uhh... how many business owners have you talked to to reach this conclusion? I'm guessing one?

Not all business owners are the same, shop around, contact many business owners, some will be more serious than others.

Don't waste your energy on idiots.
 
uhh... how many business owners have you talked to to reach this conclusion? I'm guessing one?

Not all business owners are the same, shop around, contact many business owners, some will be more serious than others.

Don't waste your energy on idiots.

not convincing them is a HUGE loss

@Yuckystuff thanks for the heads up :D
 
Set up case studies, that is usually something every small business owner can wrap there head around.
 
not convincing them is a HUGE loss
In my admittedly very limited experience, I've learned that unless all you care about is "closing the deal," there is much to be said about choosing carefully who you spend time selling to. Last month I probably smooth-talked my way into 5 month-to-month contracts. This month 4 of those clients are gone despite phenomenal ranking improvements.

In my case, it was (at the time) justified by profit margins, the value of my time, and that my brand was disposable.

Identify early on how you want to handle each type of customer.
 
Those who dont believe internet people are not real are the ones who can be easily convinced. If they don't, they are not real businessmen. Leave them, move on to next clients.