How to deal with eBay scammer?

a!!!!1

Banned
Apr 20, 2008
508
7
0
I bought a phone on eBay and when I received it it was broken. I contacted the seller and he asked me to ship it back so he could verify that it was broken before issuing a refund. I shipped it back and he hasn't replied to any emails since. I tried opening a PayPal dispute but since I was out of town when I placed the order and more than 45 days have passed (their window for opening a dispute), they won't let me dispute it.

So is there any way to:
a) Recover my money without wasting a ridiculous amount of time
b) Make the scammer regret trying to fuck with a hood nigga
^ preferably in that order
 


He already spent the money, that's why you haven't heard from him.
 
Just file in small claims court, for the maximum amount ($5000) for the phone plus lost time, lost wages, impotence, whatever ... Typically they do whatever they can to get you to drop the case. If not, get a default judgment when they don't show.

Cheshire
 
Get your hood rats to kick the shit outta him. You got his home address. Now get to work.
 
I would probably go with d) I got scammed and he is sending that broken phone to another person and keeping their money when they send it back.
 
This is what you do. Jump in the Delorean, go back in time to when you got the item. Tell the clown to credit you the amount you paid. Tell him if he wants it back to also credit you an additional amount of the shipping (and handling) charges. If he wants it back he needs to pay the shipping.

Well, that's what worked for me the couple times I had an issue with an auction.
 
This particular story is very suspicious..You ordered from Ebay and then suddenly went on vacation for 6 weeks. I call bullshit! If your story is true however, than you deserve to be taken for your money.
 
This particular story is very suspicious..You ordered from Ebay and then suddenly went on vacation for 6 weeks. I call bullshit! If your story is true however, than you deserve to be taken for your money.

You're absolutely correct, he should have cancelled his 6 week vacation to be there for when that phone arrived. I do it all the time.