How to market damn shirts?



Not so fast my friend.

New York University Student Maurice Harary Refunding Profits From Osama Bin Laden Death T-Shirts « CBS New York

Plus that would have been sales, not profit. Either way I'm betting the story isn't telling the whole truth.

what does him refunding the money have anything to do with it? Doesn't change the facts that it happened. Even at a 25% Profit Margin.. that's still $30k profit in 2 days. I'm sure that campaign ran for more than 2 days as well.

Definitely money to be made in the Tshirt biz. We all have bodies.
 
don't think he really even sold them

Mike • a year ago
In my professional opinion, this story is BS. I too have a MAJOR t shirt websites and enough knowledge to know, this guy has NO traffic, which means, how did they buy??? Look at Alexa.com and it will show he has NO real traffic counts for the days from May 1-5th. I have smaller site with 10,000 people a day and it shows on the alexa report. In my opinion he put out a bogus press release and hoped to get traffic from the release due to some crazy profit numbers. I buy ALL major t-shirt keywords on google including al the Osama ones, etc. He was selling 1 or 2 shirts, not much variety...most sites have a 100 or two....calling BS unless he shows a bank statement.....I just looked at the site and of course everything is sold out. BUT it looks like a ZAZZLE site.....he wouldn't be making the shirts...so why would he need to hire a 4th part time person and why would they SELL OUT...Zazzle doesn't sell out. The DOMAIN is not strong enough to attrach traffic...
 
^^^ I just looked up the domain in Alexa and I see this...

jHQoIYuhU3Wmi.png


Also, the traffic was probably Facebook share/viral traffic... nobody searches for "Osama dead tshirt"... they see it on Facebook and buy it spur of the moment
 
My thoughts are that he really didn't sell that many, or realized that his margins were so thin that it wouldn't be worth the headaches.


Also, was that traffic just people clicking through from the news articles?


Honestly I don't know, but my gut is telling me something is very fishy about the story.


I mean, do people really feel "morally wrong" when $30,000+ dollars fall right into their lap because of a saying on a shirt?