I Just Lost My Freakin Job! What Are Politicians Thinking?

I think the OP had a backup plan, he had 4K saved as "play money" and was starting to test offers. He just got the unfortunate timing of a pink slip before he could really get into the trenches.
 


I think the OP had a backup plan, he had 4K saved as "play money" and was starting to test offers. He just got the unfortunate timing of a pink slip before he could really get into the trenches.

He's lucky he got the pink slip before the trenches, then he would have no job and no savings.
 
1. keep your nut where it's at, lower it 10-15% where possible, and as tolerable, it'd be even better at $1700-1800 while you're in combat mode. You can always loosen up once you've achieve your desired level of success

2. preserve the cash you have - mainly the $4k you've saved - try to add to it in lieu of tapping away at it.

3. work your ass off as already suggested, using your talent to make up financial deficit - with no "job" you've got your whole days open. :)

4. work even harder trying to learn your thing here, while spending as little of that precious cash as you have as possible testing, learning etc.

5. but probably should be in #2 - find out what your COBRA payments will be so you can continue insurance for as long as you need, until you find a better replacement. As you know, insurance is expensive, but there "are" reasonable" plans out there available even private insurance is better than nothing. If you have a family as you seem to suggest, this is an obvious must.

good luck - you're certainly in good company!
 
Politics aside - if they eliminiated your boss's job - and he took your job - I think you are putting the blame in the wrong place.
 
this thread has to much hate cococococombo breaker

v117z0qz3d70fqn6ebv1.jpg

Killer Instinct?
 
Now it's the time to become a cheap bastard and steal tiolet papers from the mall, napkins from Mcdonalds and wifi from your nighbours.
 
It's hard for me to read stuff like this and not sympathize. I hope things turn out alright, but don't LET them go bad. Do whatever you have to do for the welfare of yourself and your family. 50 zillion people are donating to a country they never heard of but nobody's going to help you, and that's horrible, but I guess you can't expect anything else.

Well, let me know what happens when things get better. Good luck, good luck, good luck. It's all I can offer you but it's sincere.