I Need Help With Negotiating Price For Small Media Buy

MosherMerner

Banned
May 19, 2009
37
3
0
Hello,

I am in the process of buying some ad space on a website so i can go about branding my site.

This site gets about 10,000 unique hits a day. I am going to pay the guy on a CPM (cost per thousand) impression basis. THe only problem i have is that i do not know what a good price to even pay for a thousand impressions is.


I dont even know wehre to start.

Could some of you guys give me some numbers so i can have a good idea about where i want to start negotiations?

Thank you guys in advance!
 


One dollar per impression. No seriously though there has to be threads about this kind of thing already.
 
You first have to determine what your value of the cost for those impressions are.

You said you are going branding so actual EPC from the CPM shouldn't matter.

I would say anywhere from .50-1.00
 
Before making any negotiations make sure you try to check whether a link from that site would benefit you. It's traffic alone is just one part of the things you nee to look at. You can try checking it on Linkvaluecalculator.com but I have to say it's not 100% reliable, but is a good basis.

You should also make it clear to the owner, the location of where your ads will be placed before making the price.
 
for such a small traffic site you might be better off negotiating some sort of just flat monthly buy. ie $100 or something for the month and let them know you have every intention of becoming a full time advertiser if it works out for you.
 
feel it out with the site owner, if they have no real understanding of internet advertising you can get away with paying them next to nothing..