I WANT A SEO MININET WAR DAMN IT!

Why don't you not worry about competing against somebody here and target a legitimately competitive keyword just to throw the established players off and establish your game? I couldn't care less whether you or Mongo487 can hit "South Carolina vajayjay infections" first, if I don't care about the phrase, I don't care about you.

I've been drinking.

Point them out. Tell them to come see me.

P.S. - I don't care about you either. If you're drinking like that, you may not even have a game, so this post was one of those drunken, "i want to say something" type of posts.
 


Alright, I'm just gonna start calling people out.

There are three providers I respect, and think would give me a run for my money.

Metalhead
The Guy doing THE HOTH
The new provider doing the MEGANET, who says mininets don't work

Let's do the damn thing.
 
Point them out. Tell them to come see me.

P.S. - I don't care about you either. If you're drinking like that, you may not even have a game, so this post was one of those drunken, "i want to say something" type of posts.
This dude is like the Stone Cold Steve Austin of service providers, this is getting good! Somebody shut him up or he's gonna be getting my money soon!:2twocents:
 
Magic Hat,

I do everybody's package the same way. If I have a client who paid me for a lower package, they get the SAME EXACT treatment as to someone who ordered a level 4 package. Just because someone doesn't have a huge budget, doesn't mean that they will get treated different. Period.

As far as picking a more competitive niche and not a made up keyword, I would be down with that as well.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that since this is a contest, the service provider KNOWS their work is being put under a microscope, so of course they might do a better job than they normally would. That's all I'm saying. No need to get defensive, dude.
 
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that since this is a contest, the service provider KNOWS their work is being put under a microscope, so of course they might do a better job than they normally would. That's all I'm saying. No need to get defensive, dude.

Wasn't getting defensive. I can't speak for other providers, but i treat all my customers the same. Sorry, I'm a bit jacked on the 5 hour energy drink, pepsi, and a good night's sleep.
 
Wasn't getting defensive. I can't speak for other providers, but i treat all my customers the same. Sorry, I'm a bit jacked on the 5 hour energy drink, pepsi, and a good night's sleep.
He's not talking about the way you treat your customers at all.

He's referring to how you might treat the CONTEST domain specifically. How could this be moderated so that you and anyone who chooses to compete only does the NORMAL amount of work on the CONTEST domain? No extra's allowed.
 
Cool thread.

Why not setup a few vendors/offers as the test - I'd LOVE to see what people could do to up shit for a few of my sites or to feeder sites - would throw up a few K to the winner/top3. This way advertiser wins re traffic, you guys have social proof on something viable instead of a random key, I'd probably buy again/keep you on payroll, others would follow suit...

Just thinking out loud.
 
He's not talking about the way you treat your customers at all.

He's referring to how you might treat the CONTEST domain specifically. How could this be moderated so that you and anyone who chooses to compete only does the NORMAL amount of work on the CONTEST domain? No extra's allowed.

AHHH. That's why we would need a moderator to basically check exactly what backlinks are coming from the money site, and basically, the only types of backlinks that should come from the site should be from their package.

This could help with like a specific number, like my level 2 gets you 40 links. Those 40 links get 10k profiles links to them. SO naturally, the profile links won't be pointed to the money site, so they shouldn't show up in the backlink index for the money site.

Though, now i see your point. Someone could xrumer the shit out of the original "created" properties to make them stronger, and no one could tell the difference.

There's gotta be some way we can make this work.
 
You know it had to be done...

SHIT

JUST

GOT

MOTHERFUCKIN

RIZZZZEAAAAAALLLL

7f8d80c81fae.gif
 
Cool thread.

Why not setup a few vendors/offers as the test - I'd LOVE to see what people could do to up shit for a few of my sites or to feeder sites - would throw up a few K to the winner/top3. This way advertiser wins re traffic, you guys have social proof on something viable instead of a random key, I'd probably buy again/keep you on payroll, others would follow suit...

Just thinking out loud.

The reason why this may not work is because based on several factors including competition, on-site seo, bounce rate (if you don't know why, you'd better ask somebody, or I'll explain here), age of site, etc. Basically, you can't take 3 vendors, have 1 person do one site, etc. and see who wins. Too many factors involved.
 
I hear ya,

Just thinking of a way where you guys can apply this to a live scenario that would benefit everyone including an advertiser to sponsor it/be involved as the social proof.. (I'm sure many people that have their own offers ((or even affs)) would love to simply see quantifiable proof of getting unique traffic. I could care less re the packets/ways you do it I just wanna see results. When I do I nuthug and pay well for as long as it works - think this will get you more business than a competition to show proof of a current path you've found to outdo others on keys/a sytem that's just as random re variables).
 
He's not talking about the way you treat your customers at all.

He's referring to how you might treat the CONTEST domain specifically. How could this be moderated so that you and anyone who chooses to compete only does the NORMAL amount of work on the CONTEST domain? No extra's allowed.

It'd be very hard to control. The only fair way would be to not limit the amount of work people do, assuming that everyone would go all out.

At the same time, people who know what they are doing know that there's only so much you can throw at something without costing yourself penalties. So in a way, Google is moderating this.
 
I hear ya,

Just thinking of a way where you guys can apply this to a live scenario that would benefit everyone including an advertiser to sponsor it/be involved as the social proof.. (I'm sure many people that have their own offers ((or even affs)) would love to simply see quantifiable proof of getting unique traffic. I could care less re the packets/ways you do it I just wanna see results. When I do I nuthug and pay well for as long as it works - think this will get you more business than a competition to show proof of a current path you've found to outdo others on keys/a sytem that's just as random re variables).
But what he is saying is that their would be too many uneven factors/variables that weigh in. Each of your sites have different attributes, so it really would not prove anything. It's like starting a foot race from different locations on the track.
 
I wasnt trying to be a dick earlier I was just saying there needs to be a way to verify that the services are in fact comparable to make a contest fair. I.e., heavyweight class doesn't compete with lightweight, etc.
 
It'd be very hard to control. The only fair way would be to not limit the amount of work people do, assuming that everyone would go all out.

At the same time, people who know what they are doing know that there's only so much you can throw at something without costing yourself penalties. So in a way, Google is moderating this.

That's very true, but the reason why I wanted to limit it, is to solely base the outcome based on a providers package. Nothing extra, except what is already in their package.

Sadly, this probably isn't going to work. I know I would be honest enough to only use my package, but I don't know everyone else from a hill-a-beans. The providers I chose to challenge seem trustworthy, but when you have your reputation, and money on the line, it could get ugly.
 
That's very true, but the reason why I wanted to limit it, is to solely base the outcome based on a providers package. Nothing extra, except what is already in their package.

You should also include people providing different seo services other than mininets. Who knows whether their service could beat mininets or meganets. (Just a thought)

And +1 to your doubt on competition fairness. I just cant find a way to find all xrumer profile links or scrapebox comments to your mininets. Its simply not possible unless you trust the other person. Things will get ugly if money and wickeds are involved. :repuke: :rasta:
 
True. Just to toss this out there: people could also work the links in their package. So, unless someone is going to offer to recursively check all baclinks of the backlinks to make sure it's the package, there is no way to be sure.

Granted, someone's probably got a software that does that :p