I want to move to Canada, help a guy out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage9

Banned
Jan 7, 2008
6,061
101
0
Ok, with the way the US is going I keep thinking the smartest thing is to just leave it before we are put in FEMA camps.

I'm not that far away from the Canadian boarder (mid Wisconsin). What do I need to know before I come? Whats a good place to go for US Americans? Any US laws you know that are not the same in Canada?
 


Legally, you must swear that Wayne Gretsky is your true lord and savior before entering Canada.
Also, you might want a passport - they seem to like those.

Passport got one of those, that isn't the issue. Also since when is Gretsky not a god? (damn I don't know how I'll live without the NFL)
 
Come to Australia bro, for real, make American monies transfer it to Aussie monies & well... have more monies, and not to mention the gazillion other reasons to live here.
 
Legally, you must swear that Wayne Gretsky is your true lord and savior before entering Canada.
as an american it's funny to see people get all worked up over hockey games in the bars. hockey is 10x more interesting than football or baseball though.
 
Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

I actually looked into this a few weeks ago. It's really not as hard to do as I thought.

Basically, you move to Canada, live there for 3 years, proving your a good guy, then apply for citizenship. There are lots of other ways, but basically thats it.

You don't have to give up your American citizenship either. You become a duel citizen, meaning when you drive into the US you tell them you're American, and when you're driving into Canada, you tell them you are Canadian.

I've been looking at Vancouver B.C.. In my younger days, living in Seattle, we would head up there to party, it's a very cool city. Also, Marijuana laws are way lax, and prostitution is perfectly legal. Not that I smoke any more, or need to pay for sex, but, I really appreciate how much more liberal the laws tend to be.
 
Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

I actually looked into this a few weeks ago. It's really not as hard to do as I thought.

Basically, you move to Canada, live there for 3 years, proving your a good guy, then apply for citizenship. There are lots of other ways, but basically thats it.

You don't have to give up your American citizenship either. You become a duel citizen, meaning when you drive into the US you tell them you're American, and when you're driving into Canada, you tell them you are Canadian.
american visas are only valid for 6 months. to stay longer than that you either need a work permit or you need to apply for an extension stating why you want to stay longer and how you will support yourself (bank statements, etc).
 
I was looking at moving to Canada but pretty much ended up staying in the UK.

I think you should look @ your US taxes while you become a CA citizen. I heard it is hard to get the IRS off your back.
 
The best place for an American to go would be Toronto. It's right across the lake from NY and is a nice city. Overall you could move to anywhere in Canada there is no "anti-US" hatred here although FOX news is trying to fuck that one up. Also, Toronto is trying their hardest to steal the Buffalo Bills so we can also have an NFL team.
 
I second the vote to move to Australia. Why anyone would intentionally live in Canada is beyond me.

Dude, cause we got the best igloos in the world! And the lumberjack trade is taking off.... if IM ever fails, all you have to do is go outside to the nearest tree, move aside the maple syrup containers, and chop down a mother fuckin tree and yell TIMMMBEEEERRRRR.
 

Not to mention all the fucking wildlife that's out to kill you. The Canadian wild is bad ass, but nothing like Oz.

Seriously though, you need to look into the immigration laws. You can't just legally stay for 3 years and then apply. You need the right visas and shit... though plenty of people don't follow the rules and we still them them stay anyway.

Toronto is a shit hole. Vancouver is where it is at. Despite a few problems here and there (traffic, recent gang violence, the plague that is the 2010 Winter Olympics, high prices, rain), it's been voted many times as one of the most livable cities in the world and it's natural beauty is unrivaled. I lived in the downtown core for over 10 years, the first 3 off Davie St. and the last 7 off Robson St. by the library that looks like the Roman Colosseum, before moving here to Spain.

Great women, food, clubs, shopping, 20mb+ internet connections, hockey games, pubs, strip bars, skiing and snowboarding a 40 minute drive away on 3 local hills with late night lighting, the best skiing in the world 2 hours away in Whistler/Blackcomb, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Spanish Banks, Wreck Beach, mild weather, etc. etc. etc. Did I mention the food? I miss the selection of restaurants the most I think.

You really can't go wrong with Vancouver. I will be going back some day once I get bored of gallivanting around Europe.

Good luck!
 
Seriously though, you need to look into the immigration laws. You can't just legally stay for 3 years and then apply. You need the right visas and shit... though plenty of people don't follow the rules and we still them them stay anyway.

Yea, I understand it's not as simple as just moving there, but I am surprised how relatively easy it is to get everything you need to become a permanent resident. I was always under the impression that immigrating from the US to any of the bigger, wealthier countries was difficult.

and the last 7 off Robson St. by the library that looks like the Roman Colosseum

HA! I remember that library! Wow, what a neat place to live.

spaceball.gif

3095492831_2e690e32f3.jpg


Great women, food, clubs, shopping, 20mb+ internet connections, hockey games, pubs, strip bars, skiing and snowboarding a 40 minute drive away on 3 local hills with late night lighting, the best skiing in the world 2 hours away in Whistler/Blackcomb, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Spanish Banks, Wreck Beach, mild weather, etc. etc. etc. Did I mention the food? I miss the selection of restaurants the most I think.

See, yea, the more I think about it, the more I'd like to live there. I remember the food, clubs, and strip bars. And spending most my life in the Pacific Northwest, I know all about the natural beauty, mild weather and kick ass wild life.

moose.jpg


I've always wanted to attend The Vancouver Film School as well. Hell, I just might make my way up there in the next year.
 

1. half those games ARE allowed here.

2. Big fuckin deal bout the porn, although i can look at all the porn i want & so fucking what if teh gov takes it away you will be more productive, get your hand off your dick and go get a real fuck you imbecile.

Oh NoeZ teh internetZ took my pornZ and I'm to fucked in teh head to go get a real root <==== our slang for a real fuck.
 
If you make your money on the internetz, then there's no reason why you shouldn't be living in either:
1. Vancouver
2. Sydney

I have lived in both, it's hard to say which one is better.
 
Toronto is really a shit hole :(

Move to somewhere nice -- like Montreal, where they got cheap $20 blowjobs and 12 strip clubs in 1 block and the people ignore traffic laws. Oh, and they speak all English in Montreal.
 
Amanda you should start a travel website rating every city on their price and quality of blow jobs.
 
lol if you actually are moving because you think you'll be shipped to a concentration camp...lol. Enjoy higher taxes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.