Ideas for a long weekend vacation in the Northeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I get thinking about it, the beach/waterfront scene might be a little early in the year right now.

Disagree. Off-season is the best way to enjoy these areas. Very low douchebag factor this time of year - no traffic, no lines, always get a table, etc. Hotels, inns offer special pricing/getaway packages during this time.

I lived in Mystic for a few years. Nice little village to walk around with cute little shops, Mystic Seaport, Aquarium and of course the famous Mystic Pizza (pizza sucks - go to Angie's further down RT. 1). Daniel Packer Inn is an excellent place for a meal.

Agree with the other suggestions nearby - Foxwoods, Newport, Providence (Federal Hill - excellent Italian restaurants). If it were me, I'd do Mystic one day, get up drive up the coastal route through Rhode Island to Newport - have lunch, walk around, a few cocktails, head over to Providence for a nice Italian meal/pub crawl that night or to Foxwoods for a little gambling, dinner and a night's stay. Get up and head back to NJ.

Talk to your bartenders and waitresses for tips on filling in the blanks.
 


Really depends on what you want to do. If you want to get away, relax, all that, I'd go to Cape Cod. But if you plan on going in the ocean or laying on the beach, might be iffy. You can probably go to the beach, but that ocean will be cold as shit. Cape Cod is fucking nuts on Memorial day weekend though, just a heads up. I go fishing there just about every weekend and I avoid that shit like the plague on that weekend.

Old Orchard Beach / Saco Maine is also a good option and it's only like an hour, hour and a half more of a drive. Probably cold up there still though.

RI will probably be the best bet and it's really nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.