If you cant read books then ....

RobinX

New member
Apr 5, 2009
754
16
0
get the audio version and put the playback speed at 2x. And listen the whole shit in 30 mins.

real legit solution for ADHD users.
 


Hmm I can't see how that'd work with anything that's worth reading except novels.

For the past few years all I've been reading were information packed books from fields of psychology, business, advertising and self help.

Now, the point of reading those books is to implement different ideas and that's simply not possible if you listen to the whole thing in 30 minutes because it's not humanly possible to retain what you just read/heard.

If I learned anything is that reading a book without pausing at crucial ideas and consciously implementing them will simply leave you with that nice feeling while having understandings fade away in less than a week.
 
Hmm I can't see how that'd work with anything that's worth reading except novels.

For the past few years all I've been reading were information packed books from fields of psychology, business, advertising and self help.

Now, the point of reading those books is to implement different ideas and that's simply not possible if you listen to the whole thing in 30 minutes because it's not humanly possible to retain what you just read/heard.

If I learned anything is that reading a book without pausing at crucial ideas and consciously implementing them will simply leave you with that nice feeling while having understandings fade away in less than a week.

yea thats just the idea, you could increase/decrease the speed. But the point is it helps alot.

Right now I do 1.45x speed on vlc player
.

Otherwise I'm easily distracted. Doing usually for the famous audio version of the ebooks. I could finish them in 2-4 hrs more or less.
It also depends on the book size.

Once you get used to it, your brain can get retain alot more info then u can imagine.
 
I used to increase the playback when I had to go through lectures on audio.

It saved a lot of time. It took a little while for my brain to adjust to the speed, but after that, it was smooth sailing.

I also watched videos at 2x speed.

Enounce is a good program to do that with.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RobinX