If you could go back - which gig would you go to?



What a cultured group of gay webmasters!

Great list so far. I always wanted to see Slayer live with Dave Lombardo on drums. Probably during the South of Heaven or Reign in Blood tours.

Nobody's mentioned Hendrix at the Isle of Wight yet. That would have been one hell of a gig.
 
I can't pick just one.. I'd feel guilty.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSNeonapnT8&feature=related"]Rage Against The Machine - Freedom (Rock im Park 2000) - YouTube[/ame]
 
There are acts every day of every week around the world. You can't see them all! I prefer to talk about the acts I have seen vs those that I haven't. Maybe that should be another thread? Can't remember if that's been done on this forum or not.
 
40s - Charlie Parker, Louie Armstrong
50s - Dave Brubeck, Chuck Berry
60s - Hendrix, Cream, Marvin Gaye, James Brown
70s - Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Al Di Meola
80s - The Police, Run-DMC
90s - Alice in Chains, Fatboy Slim, Stone Temple Pilots
Contemporary - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
 
Definitely the Nirvana - Unplugged in New York recording. They're not my favorite band (shit I can't remember the last time I listened to that album) but that session was something very, very special.
 
I don't have a particular concert in mind for any of these. I'd just like to have heard them.

Franz Liszt
Frederic Chopin
Josef Hofmann
Anton Rubinstein
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
Louis Armstrong
Art Tatum
Michael Hedges
Frank Zappa
 
I wish I could've gone to some early 90's raves with the oldschool Jungle. I was 8 yrs old when that shit was hot, or maybe Frankie Bones' earliest sets when he first brought raves to the U.S. I've seen Frankie Bones a few times, but like 20 years too late.

Yes, I can confirm that they were fucking amazing.

I've been really lucky, been able to see most of the ones I really wanted to: Nine Inch Nails, Iron Maiden, Leftfield, Underworld, Leonard Cohen, Metallica (before they turned shitty), Nasenbluten.

I'd like to have gone to one of the original Love Parade parties. Or Glastonbury back in the 70s.
 
G.G. Allen's last show.

O6cxd.jpg
 
Wow. This is a tough question since there are a lot of artists out there that I want to see live but for my Top 5, it would be:

Woodstock (so I can watch Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and many other awesome artists)
The Beatles
McFly
John Mayer
Paramore
 
There are many....
I just want to go back when MTV was a good.....................
This one is one of my favorites
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upv4XmduP5o&feature=related"]Prodigy live from Moscow 1997 Firestarter - YouTube[/ame]
 
I can't see the point of wishing for something that could never have been i.e. seeing someone perform when I wasn't even alive or too young to fully appreciate it. Yeah, it would have been cool to be able to catch Johhny Cash in his prime, or Zep with Bonham.

I've seen just about eveyone that I have ever wanted to see but I do have a couple of regrets, chiefly never seeing Metallica with Cliff Burton on bass and missing Queen altogether. Thankfully I got to see Pantera before some tool put a bullet through Dimebag's head.

The one I thought I would never see was Judas Priest with Rob Halford out front - thankfully that changed. Other than that, the two I listed are my only true regrets when it comes to concerts.

Btw G, I've lost count of the times I have seen the Rollins Band in all its different line ups. Thankfully, Henry loves Australia. :D
 
Кино before the communists killed Viktor Tsoi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqnqas8NmQ"]Виктор Цой - Пачка сигарет.wmv - YouTube[/ame]