If you're going to rip off a stock site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kblessinggr

PedoBeard
Sep 15, 2008
5,723
80
0
G.R., Michigan
www.kbeezie.com
Least have the brains to do so discretely, and make the attempt at removing the watermark (note the istockphoto watermark accross the girl).

club-istock.jpg

Randomn3ss Melbourne’s most exclusive nightclub rips off $10 stock photo

Royalty Free Stock Photo Image: Glamour Queen Disco | iStockphoto.com

Have to wonder how good a quality that pic is... seeing as the only watermarked copy you can download from istockphoto without paying is less than half a megapixel.
 


wow, doesn't get any more blatant than that. For a place that way over charges for drinks you'd think they could spend the $10.
 
Eh, I don't really see it as a big deal. Maybe the design guy just forgot to go buy the real thing after he was done testing it, I know I've done that before.

I bet the vast majority of people wouldn't even notice it anyway, and if they did they still wouldn't know what's going on.
 
I am so not surprised by this.
They got in touch with me a while a go about promotions. Worst vibe I've ever had from a meeting. TS gave me the heebiejeebies, and from what I've heard before, their regular street promoters get shafted regularly on things. Almost like lead scrubbing, really.
Eh, I don't really see it as a big deal. Maybe the design guy just forgot to go buy the real thing after he was done testing it, I know I've done that before.
Considering how much these guys wanted me to drop my rates, I really doubt it. I think they're just cheaping out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.